Scum villages..

I think the world has seen enough experience of ghettos to know that they are not a good thing so this is a dangerous idea. But on the other hand anti-social behaviour is a problem and does need to be addressed. But I don't think ghettos are the solution.

I think any employer seeing the ghetto as the address on an application form would instantly be prejudiced against that person so they'd have no hope of ever getting out of there.

I don't know what the answer is but something needs doing. The ASBO just turned into a badge of honour :dohh:

There are plenty of people id love to see exiled off to a remote island somewhere but it would never work and would end up being unfair to future generations.
Children of these anti social culprits would never get a fair chance in life.
Education for them would be minimal, work chances for them would be poor at best and non exsistant at worst, eventualy most of the next generation would end up following in their parents footsteps, stealing, anti social and criminal behavours.

How can you subject a child to a future like that just because their parent or grandparent where seen as a trouble maker.

You just have to watch films such as escape from new york to see what it would end up like.

Sounds like your average run down council estate here you dont dare walk in to.

Vile idea which would only increase the gap between the rich and the poor. It's not going to tackle problems... Surely it would make everything worse?

It sounds like a great idea to me...I could think of a few people Id like to see rehoused there.

also I was brought in a large family who were always skint but I dont use that as an excuse to be anti-social,so I dont see why anyone else should either.

sounds good... but then what happens to the children who live there? what happens when people apply for jobs? creating a mass ghetto of rough buggers to kill each other and raise a generation of people who are forever tarred scum?

Well when you put it like that...

mine was somewhat a lighthearted response really,having suffered atrocious neighbours several times in the past,it would be nice if they all disappeared!

I too have had awful neighbours .... one drug dealer who abused and neglected his children... and one drunk wreck of a woman who made our lives miserable. I would loved for them to go to a scum village.... but would happily suffer them forever to prevent their children going there .

That's the thing, it's hard to see where to draw the line. Innocent people would end up suffering like children. They'd have no way out, at least if they were more integrated in normal society they would have a higher chance of achieving in life.
Look at what happened in The Wire with Hamsterdam haha. x

This quote completely disgusted me . . "Repeat offenders should be forcibly removed from their neighbourhood and sent to a village for scum," he suggested last year. "Put all the trash together."

I honestly think this is a terrible idea. There are ways to address anti-social behavior that does not involve isolating people and sending them away to be "trash."

This worries me,
What exactly is the limit before you are put in one of these?
It seems very, very wrong to me.
Surely trying to prevent anti social behaviour is better than moving the problem out of sight?
What about children born into these families? They will have no hope :nope:

At one point we stuck all the criminals and people we Didn't want in our society on a boat and shipped them off to an island, which is now Australia! Lol, which many of us now escape and emigrate to in search of a better life ... Funny how the outcasts become which a great society.

You work for something you find the value of work and become better for it.

Anyone watch grand designs this week where they built their own housing association house, it created an amazing community, which 10 years later they all still live there and have become valued members of the community and wider society.

However I don't think it's a good idea, I really don't imagine how it will help anyone, what they need to be instilled with good work ethic, not given a house in a scum village, that will just create bigger problems.

our council already does this! i grew up in a scum village! ok maybe not to that extreme they are on about but when i was about twelve they started moving people with asbos etc into my estate. it went from a nice place to live to full of drug addicts and police round every night settling domestic assults etc. it was horrible. someone was stabbed, women were constantly fighting, kids being taken into care, someone died of a heroin overdose. people were constantly fighting in the street and shouting out of their windows.

the council admitted they were 'piling them in together' so to speak. all the decent people ended up moving to get away from it. i know theres several estates like that were the 'scum' get housed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->