sears' attachment parenting book

kelly342000

Reaction score
have just come across this book and was wondering if anyone has read it and if so what you think of it?
have a bit of disagreement with OH over leaving baby to cry. i wont do it, wont let him do it and want him to see why leaving baby to cry it out is not the way to go!

We LOVE Dr. Sears and his wife Martha! Such sound advice as they are a pediatrician and a nurse and have seven children :flower:
I have their Baby Book, The Fussy Baby Book and Christian Parenting x

I loved it too. It really shows you how babies can 'switch off' if you don't listen to them and makes my heart hurt for all the babies out there that have been trained.

I loved the book too. If you are a little undecided, check out his website first:

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t130100.asp

A lot of the info in the book is available on his website, free of charge :thumbup:

Read the whole thing in the first few weeks..it made me feel better about what I wanted to do....not leave baby crying and wearing him in the sling. I was told by my mum and husband that I've made our baby fussy....I just think babies are born with their personalities, he wanted to sleep on me from day one and I wanted to make him feel comfortable.

Dr Sears and his fantastic wife are inspirational :)
They talk so much sense and seem to describe what is so instinctive for mums anyway.

I loved that book, I've also read a few more of his books and am a big fan of his baby book. :)

Looking and possibly ordering the book now. :thumbup: Although DD is already 9 months and we've been attachment parenting from the start, it's still nice to learn new things!

That's sort of how I felt about the book too- we'd already been doing AP before, but it was nice to read up on why it's good and feel more confident in what I was already doing :thumbup: His website is awesome though- covers most of what's in the book :)

That's sort of how I felt about the book too- we'd already been doing AP before, but it was nice to read up on why it's good and feel more confident in what I was already doing :thumbup: His website is awesome though- covers most of what's in the book :)

Oh wow! You're right,. I was trying to decide which one to get since my library doesn't have any of them. I bought the 1st one but can't rationalize buying a dozen more but the website really does have everything on it! Thanks!

book arrived today, had a quick look through it and looks brill! is very reassuring to know what i am doing is ok, though didn;t know it had an official name, lol!!

i have sleeping like a baby by pinky mckay and so far it is brilliant! it explains why meeting the babies needs makes them smarter and more well adjusted then goes on to help getting baby to sleep well by using their cues

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->