Second baby came very quickly.

Smileybabe

Mum of 2
Reaction score
After a very long labour with my first child I decided to wait at home as long as possible with my second. Big mistake.
I'd felt very up and down emotionally well more than usual that day!
I had a tiny bit of pain in my cervix but no more than what I'd had previous days.
So I proceeded to make dinner for the family feeling slightly unusual. I couldn't work out if i needed the loo or not.
Just as I'd got the spinache and ricotta lasagne out of the oven
at 1800 I had my first of what I thought was a practice contraction.
They came straight away then every 3-5 mins. I decided then to pack my hospital bag with fresh food and drinks etc.
At 1900 the contractions were getting a little bit stronger enough for me to stop and catch my breath. So we made arrangements for our 4 year old and called the hospital to see if they thought we should go in.
I told the midwife on the phone that I wanted to stay at home as long as poss so she advised me to take 2 paracetamols until the pain was to much to handle.
At 2000 our eldest went off to stay at her Nannas and the pain was now intense so we left
at 2045 on the way to the hospital the contraction became much longer in length about 2 minutes so I started my breathing techniques which really helped to calm me. A couple of times I even felt the urge to push but obv didn't.
We got to the hospital at 2115 by which time I couldn't walk thepain was so much and the need to push was quite worrying.
I got to the ward and straight into a delivery room at 2125.
I was hoping to have an epidural but the hospital were sure there wasn't time I was shocked. It looked like all the music, snacks, fans, magazines weren't going to be used.
There was not even time for a pethedine injection. So gas and air it was actually worked really well for calming my breathing as I get quite panicky. I was getting contraction without breaks and was really ready to push by 2145
it was intense to say the least but my partner LO's dad was absolutely brilliant and so were the midwives they were so supportive.
LO was born at 2215 straight onto my belly. He had to have a little rub from the midwife before thecord was cut to get him breathing.
Then he went straight onto the breast after daddy cut the cord.
Very happy but all slightly shocked at the speed of things.
Only 4 hours from first contraction till he was laying on my tummy.
Born on due date weighing 8lbs. Alex.

sounds great - i bet it was a bit of a shock to happen so quickly though. congrats.

This is the first time I've used this site and obv have loads to learn :blush: am loving all your signature bits about your LO's.
It was a wonderful birth I am very lucky next time I'll be prepared for things to move more quickly.
I recovered so much faster second time round I don't know if this is usually the case or if it was because I didn't have any drugs?
Thanks for your kind congratulations.
:cloud9:

sounds like a lovely story! they say if you dont have any drugs you recover quicker! xx

What a lovely story, congratulations!

wow that was a fast labor, congratulations.

What a perfect labour and birth. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy x

Congratulations. I hope that happens to me when I'm allowed to have baby number 2 lol x

congratulations.Hope when I'm pregnant again and delivering my 2nd it'll be as quick as you.Shock to the system but speedy delivery:0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->