• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Second boy names

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Still struggling to agree with DH on what to call our second little boy. Seems like every name I suggest he hates. He only likes one name, Fox, but I would rather it was used for a middle name and he seems pretty happy with that but has no other suggestions! Nightmare.

Our middle names are Orion Fox and our first little boy is Connor Steven Västrik. On my list I have...

Blair
Brody *
Elliott *
Fergus
Liam
Rory

(Those starred are my personal favourites but DH is "not a fan".) Thoughts? Similar names?

I adoreeee the name Elliott but my OH isn’t a fan either!

With your middle names I’d go for either Blair or Liam :)

I still like Brodie lol. I also like Elliot! What about Ruairidh instead of Rory?

Fergus is VERY traditional! :) That's my stepfather's name. While I personally wouldn't use it, it does fit rather well with your chosen middle names and can be shortened into several nicknames (I call my stepfather Fergie, my mother and both my Grandmothers call him Ferg). :)

Tough call. I like Liam too.

I still like Brodie lol. I also like Elliot! What about Ruairidh instead of Rory?

DH doesn't like Ruairidh as much as Rory. If baby had been a girl we were likely going to call her Aurora (that or Eilish) but nickname her Rory! Brody is still my favourite but I know DH just doesn't like it so I've written it off for the most part - just looking for more suggestions for similar names to it now!!

I think we are swaying most to Blair at the moment but still open to that changing for the time being.

Elliott or Rory.

Other suggestions - Rowan, Ewan, Angus, Owen, Felix.

LoraLoo, all except Ewan were on my list but DH wasn't keen on any of them except from Angus but we aren't keen on the potential nickname Gus. Ewan doesn't make he list because that's my cousin's name.

Blair is more a girls name in my mind (just me maybe!?;). Liam is a beautiful name.

Blair is most definitely more of a boys name in Scotland. It was 77th in 2017 compared to 501 for girls! Think it's the name that we are most likely to use too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->