Second IUI +PT but beta # same...advice?

Lovepets6

Reaction score
Hi all -
I'm new here. I'd been TTC naturally for almost a year when hubby and I sought the help of an infertility doctor. We did our first IUI in July without success and our last IUI and just got a +PT. Today I went back for a repeat PT and they told me the beta # had stayed the same which was concerning but that I'd have to go back in 2 days for another PT. I'm so confused, worried and don't know what any of this means. Any advice? Input? Thanks so much everyone - Rebecca

beta is the amount of pregnancy hormones in your system, If it did not go up that does not sound good. It also really doesnt count you out either if it has not gone down. I wish I can give you more then a good luck and prayers sent your way for a sticky bean to stay stuck...(hugs)

Thanks, I've been doing a lot of reading on it and there's just SO much information. Says some people take 72 hours to increase, some say if there was more than one follicle that was fertilized and then it turned into one the level could stay the same, dehydration (which incidentally I have been incredibly blocked up - possibly from progesterone ugh) I guess my best answer is just to wait until the next test. Waiting is the worst :(

We found this info just in case anyone else is going through this!: "Often times, an initial rise in hCG between the 1st and 2nd tests will be slow". A few diff sources say some perfectly healthy pregnancies have low hCG levels. They all mention the possiblity of a lower or unchanged level signifying one badly implanted follicle (multiple pregnancies turning into a singleton pregnancy) and that you shouldn't make too much of these numbers early on because they vary so much. They also stress that it could take 72 hours for them to double instead of 48.

Acceptible hCG (after last period)
3 weeks: 5-50
4 weeks: 5-426
5 weeks: 5-7,340
6 weeks: 1,080-56,500

Key things to remember about hCG levels:

In a bout 85% of normal pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 48 - 72 hours. As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 - 6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.

An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.

From IVFConnections:

Beta hCG measurements should be viewed only as guidelines and estimates, and cannot be compared between one woman and another. Low numbers can be normal, high numbers can be normal, and perfectly normal numbers can fool everyone. Betas are like gremlins. You'd rather not have to deal with them and they totally wreck your life while they're around ... yet you want to know as much about them as possible.

Another reason for a low beta is that some embryos are "late" implanters. Typically, an embryo begins to implant and your body begins to produce hCG between 8-10 days past conception. But it's possible your embryo had a slower start.. The doubling time is a guide -- an estimate that doctors use to help gauge a pregnancy's early progress. But not everyone follows the rules. Sometimes a low doubling time in the beginning means nothing. Sometimes, it's bad news

So basically it's 50/50!!! Hoping for the good 50. Thanks for reading and replying :) Support helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->