Second pregnancy so many problems!

lauraairving

Reaction score
So I flew through my first pregnancy with not one single problem. This pregnancy I've had a kidney infection where I was hospitalised. Yesterday I met with a consultant to discuss my first sons birth size, they've decided on more appointments and extra tests. Whilst there they've taken my blood pressure and it was off the charts twice. So now they want me monitored every week to keep an eye on it. I've also noticed I've been getting floaty white dots in my eyes as a result! Thankfully not protein in my urine so hopefully it'll settle down.
I can't believe how different this pregnancy is! I've got midwife and hospital appointments constantly! Has anyone else found this? Everyone keeps telling me it's because I'm having a girl? Who knows but this will definitely be my last lol!! Has anyone else had a tough second pregnancy?

I was the opposite. My first pregnant (a girl) I had problems after problems, no normal symptoms of pregnancy but bad carpel tunnel, nose bleeds, excess fluid, SPD pre eclampsia at the end. I was in so much all the time from about 28 weeks. Constantly at the hospital cause my daughter didn't move much, always seeing the consultant or midwife or having extra scans. It wasn't the easiest of pregnancy. This time my second also a girl, I'm flying through it, touch wood no problems as yet :) I'm having a nice easy one.
Maybe it is cause your having a girl? I figured my second one is easier cause my body already knows what to do with a little lady growing inside. Who knows? Body's are crazy things. Xx

Apart from SPD for around 6 weeks first pregnancy & labour were a breeze. This time I have placenta previa as well as a severe cervical ectropian and a clot on my placenta. All of which can cause random & heavy bleeding. Might end up having a c-section if things don't change and I'm not allowed to do anything strenuous.

Very frustrating when all I can think about is who is going to take care of DD if I get hospitalised. I've never left her more than one night before 😔

It's certainly true no one pregnancy is the same!

My first was a breeze, nice 8lb 15oz boy but i did have sickness for a few weeks. Second was a nightmare! Horrendous sickness, crap nt screening results, baby measured small at 20 weeks resulting in amnio, fortnightly scans & induction at 38+2 weighing 5lb 9oz. He was another boy too. This one i'm still being sick with crap nt results again but fingers crossed baby is growing ok x

My first pregnancy was a girl and I had absolutely no problems, so whoever is telling you that is full of it.

This is my second pregnancy, and I feel as though it is flying by! I do possibly have to have a c-section this time around due to shoulder dystocia with my DD though, and I need to have a growth scan at 32 weeks due to a "spot" on the ultrasound, but I actually feel great. I'm exercising and working and taking care of my 8 month old :)

I'm having a boy this time around.

Ahhh it can't be because it's a girl then! It must just be different pregnancies! My body is clearly not loving being pregnant this time. I'm just hoping everything calms down now! Crazy how one pregnancy can be fine and another with endless problems!!

Yeah, no problems with my DD.

This time I've got extra scans because they've found a cyst outside the birth sac, blood tests to make sure there's nothing nasty in it. Had to have blood tests to check immunity to slap cheek, just found out a work colleague has got glandular fever (although I know that's not a risk, still could do without it!) and am also under a consultant due to tearing last time.
Still, still got to count myself lucky :)

I have rubbish pregnancies lol I'm insure why I do it to myself! Aha

My first I had high blood pressure, tachycardia and protein. Induced at 37w
My second I had high blood pressure, tachycardia and gestational diabetes. Induced 37+1
Third I have borderline gestational diabetes again, high blood pressure and tachycardia again! I've also been exposed to Zika so that just adds another element in to things too! Eek!

Loads of monitoring I have weekly appointments and then 3 x weekly from 28 weeks to check babies movements etc. I have shares in car parking and a bed on the ward haha (not literally but I might as well have!) but I have nothing to compare it with they've always been tough. Along side 5 miscarriages baby is definitely our last <3

DD's pregnancy was fine health wise and sailed through with little other than MS for the first trimester. Her birth was eventful but got to 10cms dilated and she got stuck and had to have forceps - otherwise no worries.

This one I woke at nearly 9 weeks with fluid pouring out of me and thought it was a leak of my waters and then a few hours later had a very heavy bleed. Thought it was all over but then ended up on 2 weeks bedrest for a subchorionic haemorrhage. Just got over this and then a week later was told baby had a raised NT and a 1:5 risk of chromosomal problems. Have had 10 days of waiting for genetic tests - all clear thankfully and now have to wait for fetal medicine appts to clear any further issues. These have been some of the most stressful weeks of my life - and both my DH and I have said will probably mean we will stop after this one!

I had what i would say an easy pregnancy with my first baby despite some spotting during first trimester. I gave birth to my son at 38 weeks, he was a small but healthy baby weighing 2.680 kg.

I'm now 24 weeks with my second. Some nausea here and there but it wasn't so bad, but I have shortness of breath until now, sometimes it can be so bad that i tot i just ran a marathon even though i was just sitting or walking ard the house. I also found out that I have bilateral notching at 15 weeks bcuz my baby measured a week behind. Notching is said to cause blood flow restriction from the mother to her baby, and may lead to IUGR, pre-eclampsia, low birth weight, early delivery.

I'm prescribed low dose aspirin taken everyday till 34-36 weeks. I plan to seek a second opinion regarding the notching. But so far even thou my baby is still measured a week behind, the growth rate remains stable. I just hope to carry my baby to full term and be able to give birth naturally.

I'm in the third tri but found your thread interesting ad I can relate! I have the midwife every 2 weeks, consultant at the hospital every 2-3 weeks, gestational diabetes nurse every 2 weeks and I'm part of a study the hospital are doing so I go in weekly for that. It's nuts this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->