second thoughts after hospital tour!

Did you go to PAH?! I have just come from my tour there and am so disappointed! The labour ward is GRIM as you say and could not imagine having to use it! Birthing unit is ok but still not the best. Has got me kinda down to be honest. Was expecting snowing much better.... Your lucky to have the option of home birth :) I'm too scared to have one! Xx

Scared of home birth, or scared of birth? ;) Often, when people unpack their fear of HB, they find out it's birth itself they are scared of, if that makes sense... Wherever you are, address your fears so you can go into labour with confidence... good luck :)

I'm too scared for a hospital birth :rofl: After what happened last time... no thanks, I'll take the less scary option at home.

My decision was convinced today by an anesthesiologist (American, no doubt) who said it was better for me to have a hospital birth with epidural when at risk of repeat shoulder dystocia than to not have an epidural. Apparently it's safer to already be numb and prepare for the Zavanelli C-section than to just be mobile in the first place and dislodge the dystocia by getting into different positions.

Did you go to PAH?! I have just come from my tour there and am so disappointed! The labour ward is GRIM as you say and could not imagine having to use it! Birthing unit is ok but still not the best. Has got me kinda down to be honest. Was expecting snowing much better.... Your lucky to have the option of home birth :) I'm too scared to have one! Xx

Scared of home birth, or scared of birth? ;) Often, when people unpack their fear of HB, they find out it's birth itself they are scared of, if that makes sense... Wherever you are, address your fears so you can go into labour with confidence... good luck :)

I am scared of giving birth in general, but I'm scared of a home birth in case of complications etc.... Also my OH would constantly be cleaning around me cos he's a clean freak and I would end up hurting him. Severely :haha: x

Just wanted to add it takes about 30 minutes to prep the theatre for a c section :) You'd be no better off in the hospital. Good luck! xx

The only reason I changed my mind about home birth is the distance to hospital in case of emergency. We are about 20 minutes maybe 30 minutes away.

It takes longer than that for the hospital to prep a room for surgery anyway so if you did transfer, presumming you phone ahead, you'd not be waiting longer than if you were already on the hospital grounds.

Oops, crossposted with Pixie.

My decision was convinced today by an anesthesiologist (American, no doubt) who said it was better for me to have a hospital birth with epidural when at risk of repeat shoulder dystocia than to not have an epidural. Apparently it's safer to already be numb and prepare for the Zavanelli C-section than to just be mobile in the first place and dislodge the dystocia by getting into different positions.

That's illogical advice - why would you be at risk of repeat SD when each pregnancy and baby and birth is different? - although I can see that situation being better...for him...much more convenient and he earns more money, too.

That's illogical advice - why would you be at risk of repeat SD when each pregnancy and baby and birth is different? - although I can see that situation being better...for him...much more convenient and he earns more money, too.

Having a previous SD increases your chances of having it again by 25%

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->