Second thoughts might go to hospital:0(

tripletsOMG

Reaction score
Updated:
I am so torn after 9months of planning and fighting for a hb with twins I am having second thoughts. It really hit me last night after yet another friend with twins delivered premature twins 31wks (another friend at 24wks last month 1 baby died) and a bnb delivered her last few days but had an emergency c/s for t2 due to unforseen placental abruption. I am not terribly close to a hospital and in case of placental abruption for t2 in case of emergency 1 or both of my babies could die:cry:
I have fought so hard tgo be healthy and have a complication free pregnancy even the Dr is impressed and I am now 33wks I wouldnt be able to live with myself if I ruined it in the final stages to meet my boys. It breaks my heart to go to the hospital b/c my last 3 births my wishes of natural birth went out the window when i got there. How do I demand to be left alone in hospital when I am busy managing contractions?:cry:

Hun you can still plan for home but go in if you want.

If you want to be hand off in hospital put it in writing, very simple clear bullet pointed birth plan in big letters on the front of your notes.
Make sure you and your birth partner have them memorised and ensure they will stick up for you and what you want.

...have you seen the twin hb link i posted furthur down the page?

u can always try at home and if u dont feel up to it transfer to hospital the option never goes.
as for goin to hospital and being left alone like above said write a birthing plan and remind them of it its ur birth not theirs!

I think the most important thing is to do what makes you comfortable hun. With ds1 I planned a HB and then developed complications around 35 weeks and was told I had to have a hospital birth. I was so upset but stayed at home at long as I could - until 8cm :) (Maybe this will be an option for you if you feel that you are progressing ok and dont want pain relief). I thought I would have a HB with this little man but we now live atleast 30 mins from hospital and I am classed as high risk so have to have a hospital birth again.

As others have said make sure that your birth partner is clued up on your wishes and advocates them for you - hope all goes well and your wishes are listened to x

It might be worth thinking about a doula to support you and your partner in hospital if thats where you feel safest to birth. Then you can get on with the business of birthing with him supporting you in the way you want while the doula ensures your birth space is respected and protected. She will ensure you don't end up birthing on their agenda rather than your own. It's proven to make a difference and lead to more positive experiences for families. I think in the US this is particularly important as the don't even view a low risk pregnancy in a particularly normal light so twins will be treated as high risk.....tbh they mostly expect you to plan a CS with twins in the US so you may be up against it even with a vaginal delivery in hospital x

I am so torn after 9months of planning and fighting for a hb with twins I am having second thoughts. It really hit me last night after yet another friend with twins delivered premature twins 31wks (another friend at 24wks last month 1 baby died) and a bnb delivered her last few days but had an emergency c/s for t2 due to unforseen placental abruption. I am not terribly close to a hospital and in case of placental abruption for t2 in case of emergency 1 or both of my babies could die:cry:
I have fought so hard tgo be healthy and have a complication free pregnancy even the Dr is impressed and I am now 33wks I wouldnt be able to live with myself if I ruined it in the final stages to meet my boys. It breaks my heart to go to the hospital b/c my last 3 births my wishes of natural birth went out the window when i got there. How do I demand to be left alone in hospital when I am busy managing contractions?:cry:
Do you have more than one hospital near you? I planned a birth center birth, but then had to be induced at the hospital. I didn't go to the one nearest me when I had to go. Several people went to the hospital I went to and had only good things to say about it. All the nurses and doctors were very supportive. They didn't push anything on me that I didn't want (other than automatically giving me the Oxytocin after birth).

I have since been back to the DR to discuss my fears and he says they are unfounded and he isnt even concerned with my delivery. So me and hubby went to hospital for another tour to see if it would put our mind at ease. NOPE made me realize i dont want to be there subject to there policies. So back to my mw with help from hubby and doula to ask more questions. She answered them honestly and just having my appoinment i was so relaxed not with just what she says but her overall presense we all feel great about the decision to hb and i think i just had a little scare bc its almost time. We are now excited and purchased our birth kit waiting on the signal from babies. I have no more fear just excitement. Also my mw gave me more twin moms to talk to for support that have had hb's with mw. Thank you all for listening cant wait to update u when my little babies are here.

I am so happy for you that your mw and doctor reasssured you and you have made a choice you are happy with. Good luck with the birth - I hope you have an amazing experience :)

i think we can all agree that the most important thing is that you have healthy baby boys at the end of it all. If your inner self is telling you to go to the hospital for goodness sakes please listen to your inner voice. At the end of the day all that matters is not where they are born but that they and you are healthy and happy.

i think we can all agree that the most important thing is that you have healthy baby boys at the end of it all. If your inner self is telling you to go to the hospital for goodness sakes please listen to your inner voice. At the end of the day all that matters is not where they are born but that they and you are healthy and happy.

i agree my inner self says the hospital isnt best for my boys. They will be unnecessarily rough handled and probed. I am so excited about a calm wonderful birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->