Seeing floating dots in vision?

laurajade__x

Reaction score
I am 35 weeks and have just stood up, turned around and then for about 10 seconds ther was floating dots in my vision, now it's gone.. The same thing happend at about 30 weeks just the once too.. My bp and urine was fine Wednesday at the midwife, has anybody else had this? I don't have any headaches or swelling or any other signs of pre eclampsia...

Yeh I've had it the whole of my pregnancy too. Midwife wasn't concerned as all my checks were fine.it only happens every now and then.
She said it could be anything but she has heard lots of pregnant women say it xxx

i have this one every couple of days or so - mentiones it to my midwife and she sid tis fine and normal - most like increase in blood pressure and blood flow - so it is happens to sit down with legs up for a while to allow the blood rush back to your upper body and try to rest

It's only happened the two times.. Just freaks me out cause I know it's associated with pre eclampsia but I have no other symptoms of it.. Nice to know I'm not alone! :) if it does happen again though I will call my mw x

Hi I've had that since about 8 week's. Every few days I see a few lights. Also had it with first pregnancy and didnt have preeclampsia so try not to worry. X

I had this too and im being monitored for high BP and am now on meds to control the BP, they never seemed concerned about the spots so i dunno what the pre e spots are like LOL but reading some of the replies on here and thinking about their reaction at the hospital it must be a relatively common thing :thumbup:

I get this whenever I've been too active or am dehydrated or if I stand or sit too quickly. My BP has been perfect, urine has been perfect, and no history of anything. So, it doesn't really worry me. The main reason this would happen is if someone stood up too quickly, though. Our pregnant bodies take a bit longer to adjust to standing, so try to do so slowly from now on.

Thanks ladies I feel a bit better now :) I will mention it to my mw next time I see her though to be safe! :) pregnancy does such wierd things to us haha x

I have had this since about 8 weeks. They are dizzy spells. My blood pressure has been perfect all the way through.

Doc said it is common with pregnancy, hormones and blood flow with baby.

I've had loads of weird vision things through pregnancy and my bp/urine has been perfect. I've had loads of floaters. Sometimes wee sparkly lights l. I've also had a few ophthalmic migraines where I get some temporary vision loss but no headache. Apparently vision changes are mega common cos of hormone and bp changes. Don't stress too much - I know it's difficult not too though!

i have it too once in a while, usually for a few seconds after I have to throw up (yes, i still throw up sometimes, at 32 weeks!)

my urine and bp are normal though, so not worries

Yes I usually get them as I get out of the shower. I'm having my BP checked weekly and it's fine so it's just one of those weird pregnancy things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->