Seeking Advice - First Pregnancy

DDGlas

Pregnant #1 - first tri
Reaction score
I just found out I was pregnant yesterday, I scheduled a doctor's appointment today to confirm the pregnancy however he will not be able to get me until the 27th. I went ahead and bought a prenatal vitamin (brand is one a day) and folic acid supplement. Is it okay for me to start these vitamins without a doctors approval, and is there anything I should do while waiting for my doctors appointment. I am super excited to be pregnant with our first child that I just want everything to go as smooth as it possibly can. Can you ladies give me any advice?

Firstly, congratulations!

To answer some of your questions: yes, you can take the vitamins. Check how much folic acid is already in them before taking a folic acid supplement. You probably won't need any extra. Its's normal to wait that long (or longer) for your first appointment. There's nothing really special you should do, just take care of yourself. No smoking, no drinking, don't eat raw sushi, etc. Take it easy. Stay hydrated. That's pretty much it.

Oh, and STAY OFF GOOGLE! Seriously, you can google something as simple as "hiccups during pregnancy" and at least one source will tell you hiccups cause miscairrages. Don't stress yourself with google.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"