Seeking Buddy 1st Baby, 35+, EDD Early-Mid March

lola13

Reaction score
Hi ~

I would love to have a few buddies to compare notes & share experiences.

I am 36 & expecting my first around March 9. We were TTC for over 3 years, so I can't believe it's actually happening.

Anyone in a similar age range & due date?

Hi Lola

I got my bfp last week and think I am about 5 weeks gone, I think I am due around March 19th so a little later than you.

I am 36 in three weeks and although this isn't our first pregnancy (our last ended with an MMC at the end of November last year) this will be our first child.

I'm also looking for a bump buddy to share this journey with :)

Hi Smiley! I'm so happy you replied.

How are you feeling so far? Outside of sore bbs and some tiredness, I feel very normal.

I had an ultrasound this week at only 5 1/2 weeks. Unfortunately they could see the sack but nothing in it. I'm going back this week for another scan. I can't wait to put my mind at ease.

When's your first appt?

Hi Lola

Hope you've had a good weekend?

So far am not feeling too bad. Have had sore and sensitive boobs and the tiredness is starrting to kick in now. I remember last time my symptoms really started to take hold towards the end of 6 weeks though.

Sorry to hear about your ultrasound althouugh 5 and a half weeks is very early and to be honest is quite borderline as to whether there would be more than a sac there so try not to worry too much although I know it is hard - I am a nervous wreck at the moment as I am so worried about losing another bean :wacko: When are you going back for your second scan? How far along will you be then? Hopefully at over 6 weeks they should be able to see more although I know they say 7 weeks onwards is optimum tiime for am early scan. Wil keep everything crossed for you :hugs:

I had my first doctors appointment last Tuesday just to tell them that I'd got my bfp and I have my first booking in appointment with the midwife on 9th August so only three weeks to wait - although that will probably feel like eternity!!!!

I think we might pay for an early scan at about 8 or 9 weeks if I can't get the midwife to refer me for one. I think we just really need the reassurance that everything is ok after what happened last time.

It's a nerve racking business this isn't it?!

Hi Shaz! I'm definitely feeling an uptick in tiredness this week, too. My bedtime keeps getting earlier & earlier, but I still don't want to wake up in the morning.

Can I ask...how far along were you with your first bean? Praying this one is here to stay for you. Three weeks in this "condition" is an eternity! I feel like I've been pregnant forever! It's going to be a long wait :)

I am scheduled for my scan tomorrow, putting me at 6w, 4d. I think it's still potentially early, so I'm nervous. My doctor is going on vacation, so they're trying to get me in before she leaves. I can't wait...I need the good news.

Hopefully we'll both get the much-needed reassurance soon.

I am feeling exactly the same Lola. By time the middle of the afternoon comes I am starting to feel tired so have been having a short nap when I get home otherwise I’m sure I’d be in bed by 8pm each night. I am finding I feel a little sluggish in the mornings too – although I’ve never really been a morning person :haha:

It was awful last time as we had got to 13 weeks but found out at our 1st dating scan that our little bean had stopped growing at around 6w 3d. I’d had no reason to suspect anything as still had ms and all the usual symptoms which made it even harder to accept. I think that also doesn’t help this time as know we know that can happen so are even more paranoid second time around although I am trying to remain positive and tell myself that as long as I look after myself there is nothing to say that it will happen again.

The first tri definitely drags when it’s you who is in it! It always seems that other peoples weeks go past quickly when you see their tickers etc but time seems to slow down when it’s you :dohh:

I think there is definitely more chance of you seeing something tomorrow – will be keeping everything crossed for you hun :hugs: I can understand why they are trying to get you in before your doctor goes on holiday. Let me know how you get on :flower:

Whereabouts are you based?

Thank you so much for your good wishes! Good news - - we have a heartbeat!! I was so relieved to see it pumping. The little blob was indistinguishable, but it was definitely pulsating. :) :)

How are you hanging in there? Hopefully fatigue is still your only "complaint" - not that we're complaining! Less than 3 weeks now until you get to take a peak. Do you have any intuition about gender? I am hoping for a girl b/c that's what my niece is hoping for. She has one boy cousin & has her heart set on a girl. I don't want to let her down!

I live in Ohio. It's not the most metropolitan place in the States, but I moved back to be closer to my family. We lived in San Francisco for a few years before migrating back.

Let me know how you're doing.

:yipee: :yipee:

Awwwww m so glad it was good news, I was thinking about you all day yesterday :) How fantastic that you saw the heartbeat - I told you that last week it was probably a little too early. I hope it's put your mind at rest a bit now.

I had a mini panic yesterday as it felt like all my symptoms had totally disapeared in the morning which got me a little worried but by afternoon my cramps had returned and I was yawning my head off by 3pm - oh and my boobs seem to be getting even more sensitive but I'm definitely not complaining at all.

I have no feelings about gender really, doubt I'd even try and hazzard a guess till later on. I would love a girl, OH would love a boy but in reality as long as we get a healthy baby at the end we really don't mind which we get.

Have just got up and am already yawning - think maybe today is going to be a tired day. I really wish I didn't have to go to work :nope:

Hey there. How are you feeling today. I'm guessing probably still tired.

I was less tired this week than last. Luckily I've had no other symptoms other than sore boobies. Hopefully it means we're going to have good babies! They've been good to us so far.

Hey there. How are you feeling today. I'm guessing probably still tired.

I was less tired this week than last. Luckily I've had no other symptoms other than sore boobies. Hopefully it means we're going to have good babies! They've been good to us so far.

Hi Smiley,

Hope you're doing well. I just passed the 8 week mark. I have another doctor's appt this week.

What's going on with you?

Hi Lola

I have no idea why I’d posted the same message that you’d written. I think it must be where I’d copied and pasted it onto a word document so I could sneakily type a reply at work and then copied the wrong thing back in :dohh: I blame my preggo brain – I keep doing loads of really silly things!!!!! Last week I went to the supermarket and when I went to pay I had put the remote control for the TV in my handbag :wacko:

I’m 7 weeks 3 days or thereabouts today and am suffering with really bad nausea. Had the day off work yesterday and spent most of it in bed trying not to be sick :nope: Have been feeling rather sorry for myself I have to say as the sicky feeling seems to be from when I wake up till when I go to bed. I even woke up in the night last night feeling sick.

I’m hoping that I will feel a little better tomorrow as it’s my birthday and I really don’t want to spend the whole day feeling ill – especially as my OH has a special day out planned for me as a surprise.

Are you getting any sickness at all?

Well, I got bad news at the doctor's today. The heartbeat is gone & sack is shrinking. D&C is scheduled for Monday.

At this point I don't see myself trying again. I turn 37 next month and just don't see it happening.

Best of luck to you for a super sticky, super healthy bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->