Seeking tips to release gas & stomach pain after eating

Qmama79

Mother of Finley Ethan(3)
Reaction score
I have to admit...I'm not a snacker. I eat my three meals daily and that's pretty much it. I'm eating more though, which is probably leading to painful discomfort after meals.
I get cramps in stomach & can't (pardon me) fart. I feel constipated, even though I can still go once/day.

What do you ladies do to ease your cramps?

Fizzy water helps with bringing the wind up for me ((as in burps)) xx

I'm glad it's not just me that's having this problem. I had to take my son to the doctors yesterday and, while I was there, I actually asked if there was anything I could do to help avoid or release this bloating, because it's got so bad over the last few weeks. Mine just builds up gradually throughout the day so is uncomfortable by afternoon and painful by the evening. Embarrassing as it is to be letting off wind, I really wish I could get it out once I'm in the privacy of my own home. It's getting right up under my ribs and if I turn over when I first go to bed, different parts of my abdomen start cramping up as the air moves around. I've never had bloating this bad before, and the doctor couldn't recommend anything other than keeping a food log in case I can identify any particular foods that make it worse.

I take probiotics and avoid eating much starchy foods. Especially beans, certain peas or potatoes can get me bloated, but too much rice or bread could too.

I take probiotics and avoid eating much starchy foods. Especially beans, certain peas or potatoes can get me bloated, but too much rice or bread could too.

That's pretty much my diet...going to do two light weeks now, hoping to find relief.

I find especially in pregnancy, heavy starchy foods bloat me more than ever :/ Or too much lettuce and leafy foods.
I do really well on coconut flour though. It does not cause bloating at all.

I have found that if I have any trapped gas, I can get it out by kneeling and laying my head on my folded arms on the floor so that my butt is high in the air. It helps almost every time. It may look silly but I would rather look odd than suffer those gas cramps. :rofl:

I have found that if I have any trapped gas, I can get it out by kneeling and laying my head on my folded arms on the floor so that my butt is high in the air. It helps almost every time. It may look silly but I would rather look odd than suffer those gas cramps. :rofl:

Haha, I like that idea. I did joke to ny husband that I needed hanging upside down, but your suggestion is more sensible.

Haha, I like that idea. I did joke to ny husband that I needed hanging upside down, but your suggestion is more sensible.

I have to say that'd be hilarious but I'd be terrified of the gas. If it's smelly I may not live through it! :rofl: Hard to escape if you're upside down. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->