seizures

momof2babies

Reaction score
ds had his first seizure at 4 months due to a head injury then not again until 18 months from a fever the doctors did an eeg said he doesn't have epilepsy but the other day he had another seizure docs assure me its not related and tell me not to worry unless they get more frequent or he stops breathing as a result has anyone else gone through this :sad1:

I would keep going to your doctors if you are worried. What kind of seizures is he having? :hugs:

The other seizures had a definite trigger - the head injury, and then the fever.

Looking back can you see any trigger for this latest seizure? It's possible that your littl'un is just prone to environmental triggers (such as excess heat), in which case that's easy to control.

I'd say that if he has another one within one week of the first and with no obvious cause, get back onto the doctor and ask for tests. (With quick results, not like poor Rebecca!!)

It's never easy to see anyone seize I of course don't know this because i'm always the one seizing. Has he been sick at all? Have you introduced any new foods? Has he had molars coming in and not been sleeping alot?

I have epilepsy, and the most common triggers for seizures are stress, sleep deprivation, illness, and head injury.. However food allergies are a less common trigger. I hope you get some answers. But i'm gonna disagree and say listen to the doctors hang in there and watch and record. If the seizure lasts more than 90 seconds call 911 or obviously if he stops breathing. Otherwise Good Luck. I sincerely hope he doesn't have a seizure disorder it's no fun but it gets easier to live with in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->