Self employed maternity pay in Scotland?

xnikkix

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone got any info on this? I have been searching but lots of different info online! I have been self employed for over 2 years! When are you meant to apply for this? Any info appreciated ;) x

Hi if u google maternity allowance u will get the info on it.. I got a form from the midwife at 23 wks then I downloaded the other of the Internet filled them out and posted at 26 wks.. I think u get £135 per week as long as u earn more than tht..x

I don't know about 'sole' trader but if you are Ltd then it comes off your tax bill and you get a cheque back from HMRC.
The 6 week bit of it is calculated on your previous 3 months average income, so might be worth speaking with your accountant and paying yourself a bit extra for those 3 month's to make your 50% higher.

Double check all.that with your accountant incase its changed or you have other employees.

Sneeky one for you, to save running the nursery vouchers your business can pay the first £55 per week before tax, as long as the benefit is offered to all employees.

As a sole trader you should get maternity allowance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->