self examination?

mummie2be

Reaction score
Has anyone else evet done a self examination to see if they could feel their cervix? A friend of mine messaged me before she went to the doctors saying she did one herself and thought she was 2 cm dialated and the doctor confirmed it.
I know once waters have gone you shouldn't but has anyone else done one themselves?

Can't reach mine lol, but would be great if I could find out if/when something is going on. Either that or I'd freak myself out worrying because cervix was open too soon lol

I have done it but can only just reach the side of it as its still very posterior but it is very very soft

Even if you do it and think you're dialated, it doesn't mean anything. You can be dialated for weeks and weeks, or not be dialated at all and go into labor. Because it gives you absolutely no useful information, why would i want to poke something up by baby? So to me it's not worth even trying it. That's just my opinion though

DH checks mine every once in awhile. Before I started dialating it was hard, but now I am more like 2-3 and he can feel babys head. He checked it last night after my sweep, I am due in 5 days and really want things to get started

Tried. Can't reach anymore for some reason. Probably just as well or I'd be all up in there all the time after 37 weeks, lol. 29 now.

Ive done it before .it's really weird when you can feel the head bulging too :haha:
As long as you wash your hands really well and dont have waters gone, i think it's good that a women is informed about her body. Though i agree it doesn't mean a single thing, but knowing your body is never a bad thing.

I check mine although its awkward to reach as it is very posterior! I have super long fingers tho (lol) so can just about get to it and think I am about 1cm and soft. Don't know about effacement much but it feels about 1.5cm long so apparently thats 50% but I have nothing to gauge this by!!

I find that a squat position and thrusting your hips forwards helps to reach it. As long as you have clean hands and short nails I see no issue as I know most of us wouldn't demand our partners to have sterile penises before inserting those!! LOL

Its your body and I dont see why you should only have 'professionals' examine you! Granted you may not be able to feel what you are looking for but you are much less likely to cause damage than they are as you can feel your own pain level etc

Have fun lol!

I've always been intrigued by this! I've heard lots about how dangerous it is blah blah but frankly my partners penis is much bigger and longer than my fingers and yet I'm told its perfectly safe to put that in there during pregnancy? I'd like to give it ago but I'm scared ill do something! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->