Selfish Questions

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
It just occurred to me...but when will feeds be spaced out long enough for me to be able to go to the gym (around 2 hrs exercise & round trip)?

I hope it's not 6 months...gym is also a stress relief method for me, so I'm wanting to go for more than just obvious reasons.

Exercise at home is not my thing and there hasn't even been time for walks at all.

Any idea ladies? Thanks.

We haven't gone longer than 2 hours between feeds unless out in the car. 2 hours is his absolute maximum though 90 minutes is preferred. You could pump.

I'm attending mommy & baby fitness classes. Currently I'm going to boot camp twice/ week, spinning once/ week and stroller fitness once/week. Its awesome since you can bring the baby and attend to its needs during the work out if you have to.
Maybe there are courses like that in your area?

I think I should maybe start building a freezer stash and experiment with what bottles / nipples I could offer ebm in.

Unfortunately no mommy & baby fitness classes anywhere near me.

The thing is with BF'ing I have no idea how much milk to keep in the fridge for say one afternoon. Any tips? My LO seems to feed all the time during the day.

We can do 3 hours but only this week (19 weeks) but she prefers 2 hours. It depends how distracted she is.

1-1.5oz per hour you're away but you'll need to introduce the bottle and take note of what she takes from it for a feed over time then start going out for one feed only for a while before taking a whole afternoon. Some babies only take 3-4oz. Others guzzle 8oz so until you start trying with her then you'll not know what she will want to take. Others won't take to a bottle at all and prefer to nurse.

As Noo says you'll need to try a bottle to see how much she'll take. Plus it's a good idea to get her used to taking a bottle every now and then.

I go to the gym three times a week and am away for about three hours on a Saturday morning. My LO has one feed when I'm out, typically around 5oz. I think at your LO's age he was taking about 2oz. I pump every other day at least to keep up a good freezer stash.

Thanks ladies! Will try to start building a stash and trying a bottle. Fully prepared for her maybe not taking one lol.

Pielette: how often do you pump on the days that you do?

i work out a few times a week for a couple hours and have a four month old. i have some milk in the freezer but i try to make sure i feed her right before i leave. most of the time she doesn't need a bottle but every now and then she does get one. usually 4-5 ounces.

working out is how i relax too.. ironic huh?? haha

I've only ever pumped once or twice to empty some plugged ducts during the first few weeks. I used to get at least an ounce per breast if I pump for 15 mins. Now...not a single drop! Can't even get anything if I hand express...any advice for me? I don't think I have a supply issue as baby is calm/content between feedings and we just got through a growth spurt.

It does make sense for exercise to be a good stress reliever. DH also exercises for the same reason.

Just keep pumping.. make sure you drink plenty of fluids..
Your body will soon realise it needs to make more.

I have a good freezer stash but even after over 5 months I struggle
to get to the gym as she does not settle well for Daddy and
I hate knowing she will be upset when I am gone.
We are lucky to get 2 hours gap even now but Dd is a super
high needs baby!

I too exercise for stress and to have some me time so I
cant wait to get my proper routine back

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member