Selling a few items on eBay..

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
Not too sure what packaging is appropriate to use? It's mainly clothing that I'm selling. I buy things off eBay from time to time and sometimes things come in a carrier bag wrapped well with selotape. Is this an ok thing to do if the bag is quite strong and not see through? I just don't want people leaving me negative feedback. Me personally, I don't mind how the item is packaged as long as it arrives safely and un damaged.

I usually wrap it in a plastic bag and then a cheap black bag with heaps of sellotape.

if its small clothes like a t shirt I buy 10 jiffy style bags for £1 from the pound shop but has to be something that can fold very smallto fit in.

Dependant on how much you're selling, i'd be tempted to buy something like this for ease of packaging. (Wrapping clothes up in bags and tons of cellotape and sticking a label on is okay until you have to do it 20 times over!!) xx
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grey-Mai...velopes_Mailing_Bags&var=&hash=item4ad055c252
(Loads of listings on ebay for different sizes, just the first one that came up)

I use brown paper wrapping for all parcels. I do not appreciate paying over the postage cost for it to arrive in a carrier bag and the sellers get told so, and usually with neutral feedback if I have been really overcharged on postage. I weigh all my parcels that I have bought when they arrive to calculate postage now people are using myhermes. If it comes by royal mail then you can see the cost on the sticker.

I usually charge exact postage, plus 5p for wrapping and 10p petrol.

Thanks for your replies.. My items end today so I don't have enough time to order anything off eBay. Think I'll have a walk to the pound shop and see what I can find in there :thumbup: I didn't know you could complain about packaging and postage on feedback.. Many things I've ordered have stickers on where postage has been a lot lower than I've paid but I thought postage costs also included the price of packaging :shrug:

I charge £4.50 for postage, it costs £3.70 to post and maybe 20p for items used to wrap (jiffy bag, sellotape) but noones ever complained. I personally just dont buy things if I think postage is to high.

Is £2.00 low for postage then if I'm sending by Royal Mail 2nd class signed for? I don't do much posting so not a clue how much it costs :shrug:

I dont think it matters if its a carrier bag or a 24 carot gold box...as long as it is packaged discreetly and safely with no way of it getting damaged then I see no issue :D

Is £2.00 low for postage then if I'm sending by Royal Mail 2nd class signed for? I don't do much posting so not a clue how much it costs :shrug:

Think thats about 2.60 but could be wrong. But yes that is too low.

Yes to low!! Its either £2.70 or £3.70 depending on weight. Thays why I charge more as a few times iv actually gave the item away for free as the postage hasnt been high enough

Weigh your items before you list them & calculate postage cost whether through Royal Mail or courier, they have the information on their websites.

Weigh your items before you list them & calculate postage cost whether through Royal Mail or courier, they have the information on their websites.

I don't have anything to weigh the items with and they all end today so it's too late to alter the postage :shrug:

The post office I go to changes the price all the time seriously. Il have a thick hoodie - £2.70, next time iv a thin t shirt £3.70, im always worried I end up losing money.
one time I sold a pair of boots and stupidly only charged £5 it actually cost £9 to send.
But probably dont take advice off me as im rubbish at ebay usually make about 99p!!

I think I'm just going to cut my losses and whatever I don't sell I'll not bother relisting. I've definately not made a single penny on anything I've sold so far!

I don't care how it comes. Also i've never looked at how much it has cost someone to send me, if i didn't like the postage price i wouldn't buy it. So to me it's irrelevant how much it did actually cost as i thought it seemed fair in the first place.

Cost me £3.70 to send a onesie 2nd class recorded today!

I don't mind how items are packaged, as long as they are secure and get to me in one piece. I usually buy posting bags from the pound shop but think I need to order done from ebay now!

I really don't worry about postage costs either, if I think something is priced too high to send then I won't buy it. I certainly wouldn't buy something voluntarily then leave negative or neutral feedback because I wasn't happy with postage costs

I always state in my listing that items will be package as cheaply as possible and only charged exact postage price

Hmm yeah so I've just been and posted a tshirt and it cost me £4.00 so I'm well out of pocket :(:(:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->