Selling / giving away toys... why do I feel so guilty?

I never remember what comes from where an to be honest could not afford just to give everything away. We have kept everything for this baby but after that some bits will go to family and friends, the rest will be sold at car boot. Don't feel guilty. Its so easy for house to start looking like toy shop. Ours does at moment.vto be honest everyone I know sells on, I think most people can't afford not to

I never remember what comes from where an to be honest could not afford just to give everything away. We have kept everything for this baby but after that some bits will go to family and friends, the rest will be sold at car boot. Don't feel guilty. Its so easy for house to start looking like toy shop. Ours does at moment.vto be honest everyone I know sells on, I think most people can't afford not to

same here. We make a decent living, and the kids always have nice things, but its getting harder as they get older to keep up with. Prices on things get more expensive as they get bigger/older. I never had a problem getting clothes for them cheap, and in good secondhand condition when they were small. But DS1 is now at a size that gets worn out quickly with boys, so about impossible to get anything decent secondhand. I can't afford to buy him a brand new wardrobe without selling things we don't need anymore; that helps bridge the gap to get enough things to fill out his wardrobe. He's in little boys sizes now, rather than toddler sizes, and the clothing is typically several dollars more per item with being little boy sizes. Knowing that selling things we don't use anymore will fill this need takes any guilt away. it's all going towards raising him the best I can.

same here. We make a decent living, and the kids always have nice things, but its getting harder as they get older to keep up with. Prices on things get more expensive as they get bigger/older. I never had a problem getting clothes for them cheap, and in good secondhand condition when they were small. But DS1 is now at a size that gets worn out quickly with boys, so about impossible to get anything decent secondhand. I can't afford to buy him a brand new wardrobe without selling things we don't need anymore; that helps bridge the gap to get enough things to fill out his wardrobe. He's in little boys sizes now, rather than toddler sizes, and the clothing is typically several dollars more per item with being little boy sizes. Knowing that selling things we don't use anymore will fill this need takes any guilt away. it's all going towards raising him the best I can.
Exactly, my husband makes decent money and I am a sahm but things are getting more expensive and obviously they stay in clothes longer as get older so like you say harder to get second hand in good condition. It is nice to give stuff away but not sure how people can afford to give all away. Toys are getting more expensive as lo gets older to plus soon have two to buy for. To be honest I have never really thought about what people do with gifts after I gave to them as its then theirs. I think it can teach older children good economics to if they sell old things to buy new

I agree once boys esp are bigger they wear their clothes out and they cost more too. DS has jeans that were bought a little big "to get wear out of them" both knees are out of them and they are still longer than he needs. Not a chance will they be getting kept or past on to another child, rags is about all they are good for.

I'm still hoping for baby 2 so have held on to most clothes and toys. With the odd thing getting charity shopped as it's impossible to keep everything. But I do know that when I'm ready to get rid of stuff I plan to sort through everything possibly sell the best of it and charity shop the rest.

Their is a limit to what most hospitals will take soft toys are a no-no and most nurserys are commercial organisations in business for a profit so why give them toys when charity's can make something from them?

Don't get me started on the jeans, LOL! DS1 is on his 3rd set of size 4 jeans, because he keeps ruining the knees with giant holes. Don't ask me how he gets such giant rips in them. And he refuses to wear them once they have huge holes, even just to play in. He will stand there crying that he just can't wear jeans with big huge holes in them. Even though he's the reason they have them. LOL!

ETA: I'm just glad its summer now so he's in shorts most of the time to give the jeans a break! LOL

I wish I knew how jeans get so many holes. Mine isn't too fussed about the holes but he hates shorts so the holes aids ventilation LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->