Selling kid's clothes on ebay..

jenny82

Reaction score
Is it worth all the effort?

My little girl has some great clothes but she's outgrown everything and I don't have a need for them anymore (last baby is a boy :happydance:). I was going to keep the ones I love the most and get rid of the rest. But would you make decent money from this on ebay?

It's mostly Boden, Next, Zara, M&S etc so good quality stuff. Also, would it be better selling it in bundles or separately?

Personally I would (and do) sell them on local selling sites on facebook. I have found I make more money that way. Obviously with ebay someone can win the item for pence - unless you have a higher starting price or reserve but run the risk of the item not selling - where as on facebook selling sites you state the price. I have noticed bundles sell quite well though.

I hve only just started selling clothes as I am on maternity leave and could do with the money! Boden stuff sells really well and luckily 99% of my kids wardrobe is from there so it is easy to sell. There is a Boden selling group on facebook that I sell my stuff on and it goes for good prices. I have made £200 selling Daisy's old Boden stuff in the last 6 weeks. It goes for more on there than on ebay. I always find ebay isn't worth all the effort and I am often disappointed with what they go for. I had a lovely bundle of 5 girl's monsoon items in immaculate condition go for £1.50 the other day and I should have listed them separately as they probably would have got at least £1.50 each.

Sell them separately. I only sell the girls zara stuff now as its the thing that sells best for me. Everything else i give away. It is worth it but sometimes its a nightmare so i have to really want to do it.

I find selling clothes on eBay a total waste of time and effort. I've made very little selling Clark's shoes, Jasper Conrsn baby coats etc. Never again!

I used to sell kids clothes on eBay but after fees and trying to not be too pricey with p&p it just wasn't worth it. I've had much better luck selling things on local FB selling pages and nearly new sites like on Netmums x

I would agree with going for local selling pages if you can find them. I've had nightmares with selling stuff on ebay, going to all the effort and then it just doesn't attract the bids so goes for peanuts. I even had a woman insist I'd overcharged for postage when I'd actually barely broken even on the transaction - she'd got an amazing bargain and when I wouldn't give her money off the postage, changed her mind and claimed the parcel was damaged and had the cheek to leave me negative feedback! Not doing that again!

I hve only just started selling clothes as I am on maternity leave and could do with the money! Boden stuff sells really well and luckily 99% of my kids wardrobe is from there so it is easy to sell. There is a Boden selling group on facebook that I sell my stuff on and it goes for good prices. I have made £200 selling Daisy's old Boden stuff in the last 6 weeks. It goes for more on there than on ebay. I always find ebay isn't worth all the effort and I am often disappointed with what they go for. I had a lovely bundle of 5 girl's monsoon items in immaculate condition go for £1.50 the other day and I should have listed them separately as they probably would have got at least £1.50 each.

Whats the name of the fb group called? I joined one but it turned out to be in America!

I have tried to sell bits at local nearly new sales but people just wanted things for nothing! All my son's clothes are in fabulous condition and most hardly worn and all great brands like Boden, Gap, Next, Zara etc so don't feel like I should sell it for £1!

I sell loads of Isabelle's next clothes on ebay seperatly the odd bits that don't sell like that I make a bundle instead.

A lot of next clothes I get more than what the tag price is Aswel all goes towards her next lot of clothes

i sell most things on facebook, saves all the sellers fees etc. but i think good branded items will sell well xx

There's a Facebook selling page for Next stuff too, things sell really well on there and people don't try to knock you down (as long as you're not overpricing that is) as they tend to know the items are worth the £££ :thumbup:

THanks for the tips. I think I will stay clear of ebay then. I knew that it was bad anyway and heard it has gotten worse, so it's not worth the effort!

It's a bit too late for me now to do it in time for christmas, so I will start after going through all the stuff I have after and see if I can find them amazing new homes :)

ive given up trying to sell stuff! i have a lot of verbaudet stuff and next things but get stupid offers like £2 for a cardigan that cost £20....and they want free postage....whats the point?!

I have made good money on ebay in the last 2 months, selling all my old baby equipment and Leah's clothes. I would definately say bundles sell better than individual items. Ebay was my last resort as I had never used it before and didn't know how to do it. I began by putting ads up in the post office and the supermarkets local to me and not one person called to buy anything. So then I joined some local facebook groups and it was a nightmare, people arranging to buy stuff and then not bothering to show up. Plus there were so many items being listed, you find your item getting lost in pages and pages of uploads, and you would have to go on every 24 hours and bump it up, which I found to be a pain.
Once you get the postage sorted for ebay, it is really easy to do. Thankfully I haven't had any buyers mess me around and I've gotten really good feedback so far. If an item is collection only I usually manage to sell a few more baby items to whoever has come to collect :haha:
The post office is very close to my house though and I have the time to go and post parcels each day if need be.
I would give it a whirl if I were you, and see how you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->