Selling my car.... i need your opinion please

DCS

Reaction score
So i put my car on gumtree yesterday morning. Within 10 minz i had 3 calls. One of the guys was very persistant. After feeling quite pressured we agreed to sell it to him. We were abit put off because he is in another city, so wouldnt even be viewing it, and he was offering less than the asking price. Anyway he said he would contact me within an hour to arrange collection. I didnt hear back so i gave him untill 7.30pm anf he said he was waiting for a call and would contact me this morning. I didnt hear from him so txt him at 1pm asking if he had arranged collection or had changed his mind. He didnt reply so i rang him at 2.30 , he didnt answer. I just txt him saying i need him to let me know if he is still wanting it by 4pm otherwise i will put it back up for sale.

I have had atleast 20 other people contact me, 3 of which are offering the full asking price without viewing and offering to collect it today. But iv explained to them all that i have agreed a sale but if it doesnt go through i will contact them.

Now how would you deal with this? This guy was ringing me every 5 minz yesterday, really pushy. But havnt heard from him once today.

Am i being rude? How would you deal with it? The other 3 guys are offering 300£ more than what he would pay. And would view it first which would make me and OH feel muvh better.

He hasn't kept up his end of the deal so you shouldn't feel obliged to sell to him, especially if he's holding up a potentially more lucrative sale! I'd just pass it to the next person in line at 4pm and I wouldn't feel bad about it. He sounds bit dodgy, or at least odd. Who offers to buy a car without even seeing it? Asking you to hold it for him to view would be one thing but agreeing a sale? Maybe he was planning to rip you off anyway, you might be better/safer selling to somebody else.

I wouldn't hold back for him! I'd send him a msg and say you've had a few more calls off people willing to pay full asking price and you are going to sell it to somebody else as you feel he's mucking about !

Sell to someone lese. Just the fact he was pushy would put me off and if someone else is offering more then go ahead. As PP has said he hasnt kept his end of the deal.

I'd absolutely sell to somebody else, especially if they are offering £300 more!

I wouldn't wait for him any longer, at the end of the day you've been more than accommodating and owe him nothing. Good luck, it sounds like you'll have no problem selling it!

100% sell to someone who can offer full price and collect today! This guys messing you about!

When i see something online that i want to buy, be it something like a baby item for a fiver, or something more expensive like funiture or a car, i am on the ball with correspondance. He clearly cant be that dedicated if hes ignoring calls & texts. Give him one last polite text message stating the times you have tried to contact him, & that sady you have had to move forward with other peoples interest.

Not so sadly for you though, as you will get £300 more & hopefully a swift collection! Your not obliged to sell it to him, & even if he took it to Gumtree customer service, he wouldnt have a leg to stand on seeing as he paid no deposit & you have given him more than enough time.

You certainly shouldnt have to chase him. Comparing it to my own behaviour, if i really want something i see for sale, i make sure im very clear & prompt! He cant be that keen. Good luck!

Thanks ladies. Iv contacted a few of the othet people interested ( in order of which they contacted me, of course) and i have a few coming to view tonight. Iv had to get 4 people in at the same time because OH is at work tomorrow, and it would be very rude if i tried to deal with this while chasing ds around the street. I feel quite bad. But he was super strange.
We thought it was very odd he would pay without even seeing it. Not even like its a few quid.

IMO, if he wanted you to hold it with a view to definately buy it, without even seeing it, he should of sent you a small deposit via bank transfer.

Dont feel bad, hope all goes okay & you get a sale tonight :)

He sounds super sketch. Definitely sell to someone else.

Id deffo sell to someone else. There are some very dodgy people on gumtree!

Thanks ladies. He didnt even bother to contact me so we had a few other people come see it. So hopefully will be sold this tonight.
And then i will spend the evening crying into a tub of icecream because i love the car so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->