selling my wedding dress - what's the best way to do it?

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
I'm just after some advice about the best way to sell my wedding dress so that I can get the best possible price for it.

I was just going to stick it on eBay but I had a nosey on there today and it looks as though similar ones are just selling for peanuts on there. I paid £1300 and it would break my heart if I only got a tenner for it!

Can anyone advise?

I wouldn't sell it on ebay. My wedding dress was second hand I bought it from a second hand wedding dress website, A bit like gumtree for wedding dresses. I can't remember the name now as I was 5 yrs ago.
I'm practical about these things and wouldn't want to have paid a fortune for a dress I wore once (I don't even like dresses anyway), but even I would've felt a bit weird buying my wedding dress on eBay. I also think you would get more putting a price on than doing an auction.

I would advertise the dress on local selling pages, gum tree and preloved :D

You can place a reserve on eBay but keep the fee's in mind and ensure postage cost covers the insurance on the item too. Never send without full cover and specify this in your listing if you go down that route :D

I think you'd get a better price selling on a FB page or on Craigslist, especially if its local and the person can try on to ensure fit. I think that's a huge reason they go so cheap on Ebay. People aren't sure if it'll even fit right, so don't want to spend a ton on it. There are pages on FB specifically for selling wedding items; I'd look up some of those pages. Good luck:)

Thanks for your help, girls. I will have a look on Facebook for a wedding page ear me :)

I sold mine on Gumtree for exactly what I paid for it. I got a lot of crap offers but just said that I was in no rush to sell and told them to offer a sensible price or go away. I even got given sob stories about being made redundant to try and get a cheaper price :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->