sending children to school ill.

I actually know for definite that they have accepted vomiting children as I work in the school for my nvq placement.

Omg that's terrible! I don't see what benefit a vomiting child is going to get from school?? Never mind the other children and the teacher that presumably has to look after them? Poor poppets need their family when they're ill.

On two separate occasions I found out from the child that they had vomited at breakfast/ during the night and reported it but they were kept in school. On another occasion I was signing in at the main door and a mother brought her daughter "can you keep an eye on her shes been sick this morning",and in she walked.. its all about the attendance. Another child vomited at lunchtime but was sat with a sick bucket till 3.15 when her parents collected her.

That makes zero sense as surely keeping sick children at school will spread bugs and reduce overall attendance? The reason most schools are so strict about vomiting is because it's so contagious. Sounds like madness to me!

Seriously I would ask what piece of legislation has changed. And where does H&S come into it.

Having sick children in school is bound to be a H&S risk. Not to mention sick kids are hardly going to be learning anything. Making a poor kid sick with a bucket is madness.

Surely the child is risking passing on bugs and surely she deserves the right to some privacy if she is going to be sick.

Clearly this is a head teacher who is more worried about statistics than the welfare of the children in their care. I would report them to Ofsted, your local council and your MP. Something needs to be done for the sake of the kids.

I would be demanding to see the 'law' in black and white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->