Sensitive gums... Gender?

AlwaysDreamin

Reaction score
My gums have been unusually sensitive during this pregnancy, along with a small bit of bleeding whilst brushing (not every time).

Me being me, I decided to google if it was normal as I don't remember this happening during my last pregnancy.
Turns out, it's completely normal, but I read it's also more prominent when expecting a girl.

I'd never heard of that before so I was wondering if that has been true for anyone who has had, or is expecting, a girl?

Mine are pretty sensitive (just a little blood, not oodles) and I'm having a boy, so it wasn't the case for me! :)

I had sensetive gums and awful teeth issues with my son and had to have my wisdom teeth out. The dentist told me pregnancy is notorious for giving people issues with their gums/teeth they have never had before. However not sure it's to do with gender just the hormones in general.

Yeah I didn't understand how it could be related to gender.
I'm fascinated with anything associated with gender atm!
I've just discovered the eye vein theory.... Although there seems to be two different versions so I can't figure out it out! Lol

my dentist told me that it's actually called "gestational gingivitis" and it has nothing to do with gender.

i have 2 boys and always had loads of sensitivity and bleeding gums. no fun! i can barely brush my teeth without cringing and spitting out blood, gross! it went away right after i gave birth last time, hoping it will this time too!

Mine are but they have been with both pregnancies (boy and girl)

It's a general pregnancy symptom. Nothing to do with sex of the baby. I have 2 girls and never experienced it. On my third girl and still don't have bleeding gums. Totally un related Hun.

Hey. I had sensitive gums during my second trimester. There was a slight inflammation and bleeding. I was worried and rushed immediately to my family dentist in Houston ( https://www.shorttermbraces.com/services/ ). He said it is the pregnancy hormones that causes the mucous membranes to swell. So I guess it is normal and nothing to worry.

I've been experiencing this symptom and I've been told it's a boy, so not the case for me either!

I'm having a girl and my mouth bleeds insane amounts every time I brush my teeth. They're also swollen and tender.. Especially if I forget to brush my teeth for a day.

I don't see how gender plays a roll. But I know that pregnancy itself changes a lot in a persons body, especially the condition of the teeth.

I had it with my first son but not my second..
Two insanely differently pregnancies here.

mine were way more sensitive on my daughter than my son! they are crazy sensitive again this time! be interesting to see if it is another girl! (I was also far more hormonal (read crazy!!) on my daughter and I am this time too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->