Sensitive nipple. Bad latch?

ickle pand

Mum of 1
Reaction score
My DS is 3weeks old tomorrow and I think we've gotten into a bad position on the left hand side. My nipple is noticeably larger than my right and is very sensitive when he feeds. I'm trying to work on the positioning/latch so that the problem goes away but it still gets so sensitive that I have to stop feeding for a wee rest and then latch him back on. I'm not having any pain just sensitivity. I think that the size of my nipple is making it hard for him to latch so I want to get it back to normal, rather than continually latching badly. Unfortunately the local breastfeeding support worker is on holiday and the breast feeding group was yesterday so I'll have to wait a week for either of them.

I used to have a piercing in that nipple too until I became pregnant and I don't know if that's perhaps the issue. The other nipple was pierced too but the bar was removed a few years ago.

Any advice about how to help my nipple heal and improve the latch would be much appreciated.

Congrats on your little boy Ickle Pand!

Can't give much advice on how to solve the latching problem, but I found that Lansinoh nipple cream is absolutely wonderful at soothing and healing sore nipples. DS practically destroyed my nipples from latching badly and that stuff healed them up fairly quickly.

Thank you :)

I've been using lansinoh but I think the issue is more under the skin, if that makes sense, like bruising rather than broken skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->