seperation anxiety

brittg09

Reaction score
My LO is extremely attached to me. I cannot leave her with anyone for longer than a couple of hours without her crying inconsolably. She is my 2nd child and is strictly breastfed( i do not pump). I was unable to breastfeed with my first and did not have this issue. She also will not take a pacifier. Ive tried every pacifier known and she refuses. She uses my breast for comfort a lot of the time. Any time she is tired or cranky, she wants the breast. Anyone have any recommendations as far as weaning her? I will be starting work soon and I am a nervous wreck about leaving her and having her cry the entire time I am gone. Also if you can recommend any pacifiers. I think if I could find one that she really likes it would somewhat comfort her when my breast isn't around to. TIA!

My LO was the same way, she never took a soother and she would cry whenever she didn't have access to my boobs. It's tough when their one and only source of comfort is attached to your body!

But when I went back to work/school, my mom and my husband (who were the ones that watched her) found their own ways to comfort her. She and they had no choice but to make it work so they did. It might be a bit of an adjustment but it'll be okay. :) We carried on nursing as usual (so all the time) whenever I was home but she learned to settle down in other ways when she wasn't with me.

How old is your LO? Age makes a big difference. Also there will probably just be tears for the first few times you have to go to work, but LO will learn other ways to comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->