Serenity / Harmony / Panorama testing

mitchnorm

Reaction score
I am having the testing down on the 9th January when I will be around 11 weeks. It obviously checks foetal cells in maternal blood for any abnormalities and is 98/99% accurate as opposed to the nhs triple test/nt/age algorithm. I am 42 so know my age will swing me to high risk in nhs one.

My question is ladies who have has these tests have you then refused the triple test/nt at 12.weeks etc as it provides no benefits to us? I will obviously still have scan as in get to see baby

We also have booked a panorma test for 2nd January and will be refusing the nt/triple tests and will just have the scan to check in baby. That is mainly because ill have my panorama results back before my nt scan on the 19th. My personal thoughts are if everything comes back clear with them and there is no further need for concern, I won't want to entertain anymore unnecessary testing. That said if I werent getting the results before the panorma I'd still refuse it and wait on the more accurate results from the private test

When I was pregnant with daughter, I had the NT scans but didn't bother with the bloods since I was having the MaterniT21 (same as the tests you mention). There was no point to it. I was 45 so even before any scan/test the genetic counsellor told me my risks were 1:11 for trisomy 13 and 18 and 1:17 for Down syndrome, based on age alone . Since I already had the high risk, my OB didn't even bother offering the blood tests typically done with the NT scan. Good luck and congratulations!

My doctor doesn't even offer the NT scan/ blood work if you are doing the cell-free DNA screen instead.

Brilliant thanks ladies.....I thought it was a waste of time and expect the 'risk' to be set really high based on my age without the other factors.

Serenity is 5 day turn around so will likely have it back before 12 week scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"