Seriously bored toddler! Anyone else experience this?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
My little man is becoming a absolute nightmare!!...he is always winging...and i mean always...he wont play with any of his toys but ends up laying on the floor winging or hanging off the sofas crying...its driving me crazy :hissy: I do try and play with him but sometimes iv got such a busy day that i just dont get a chance...any tips? Anyone experienced this? Any advice? x

with Alasdair I sometimes get him a toy from the toy library to keep things different if I know I need to do things or he's getting bored at home. Or how about finding an old cardboard box? (if you order a box of nappies and a pack of wipes from boots they send them in a perfect box ;) ) Ally spends hours taking one toy into his box, taking it out again, taking another one in. You get the picture. Or Ally has just got really into mark making. How about getting some first crayons for him and letting him run riot?!

hiya

yes my daughter is similar :( i have found doing 3/4 playgroups a week helps and on the other days we are home she is happy playing with her toys :)

Dec can be like this some days but what I do is rotate his toys every month, I keep the majorty of his toys in his room and once I month I change some of the ones in the toy room and put new ones out from this room. You would surprised how quickly the forget about a toy when it is out of sight and it feels like he is getting new toys once a month. If we are having a very moany day I will let him go to his room and pick something he hasnt played with in a while that usually keeps him quiet for a few hours. xx

yes, my Ali is like that too! he is almost 13 months and gets really whingy when bored. i work pt so he goes to nursery so that really helps but when i am alone with him i try m&t groups, give him some of my bangels to play with (he loves em!!!), clothes pegs, different materials, paint with him etc.

My son is 1 and we are going through the same thing. The one thing that keeps him occupied is when he is out on the patio and sitting in the dog's cage. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->