Seriously, Don't Visit Me In The Hospital After I Give Birth

I have been wondering about this as I have some firm ideas of what I want and am not sure how it will go down with family, possibly even OH.

I will be having a section and I know from after my last one I felt gross, sore, uncomfortable and basically like I was unable to look after myself for the first 24 hours, and then just painful and tired after that. I had visitors and felt that I needed to "make the effort" to be presentable, slap that smile on and get on with it. This time round I want no-one but my husband and my 3 year old daughter when I am in hospital. My husbands teenage daughter has just come to live with us and I really don't even want her coming. I just want to let it all hang out for those days and I cant do that with MIL, SIL or Step Daughter around. I am worried it sounds selfish but it is me going through it all so I am hoping people will understand when told. There will be plenty of time for cuddles when we get home and I am in my own environment etc.

Instead of dealing with visitors after I give birth, I should be able to sleep and be alone with the person that I spent nine months growing.

Click HERE!

From a Mum third time round.

So what do you think?

Even though I will be doing this for the first time in 6 months... It definitely makes me think ahead lol... Makes perfect sense. Thank you for sharing!

From the other side, I lost both my parents before my kids were born. We are a military family so had moved to a new town shortly before birth and we lived a long way from any extended family. Seeing all the grandparents and cousins come to cuddle the babies on the ward broke my heart. My only visitor was DH. I would have loved to see a friendly face.

I have been wondering about this as I have some firm ideas of what I want and am not sure how it will go down with family, possibly even OH.

I will be having a section and I know from after my last one I felt gross, sore, uncomfortable and basically like I was unable to look after myself for the first 24 hours, and then just painful and tired after that. I had visitors and felt that I needed to "make the effort" to be presentable, slap that smile on and get on with it. This time round I want no-one but my husband and my 3 year old daughter when I am in hospital. My husbands teenage daughter has just come to live with us and I really don't even want her coming. I just want to let it all hang out for those days and I cant do that with MIL, SIL or Step Daughter around. I am worried it sounds selfish but it is me going through it all so I am hoping people will understand when told. There will be plenty of time for cuddles when we get home and I am in my own environment etc.

Totally agree with this, except for the step-daughter bit. Will she not feel a bit excluded? How old is she? x

She is fifteen. I don’t want her to feel excluded but we don’t have the kind of relationship yet where I would feel comfortable “letting it all hang out” with her around.

Will be playing it by ear as to how I am, if I am doing better than I expect then it won’t be a problem.

Although I haven't nothing productive to add, and know this is just a 'my experience' spot... I'm still livid at a selfish friend who showed up unannounced/uninvited an hour after I gave birth. I was half dead, DH went to get me food, and I had sent baby to the nursery as I couldn't even hold my head up. I was dead asleep (first sleep in nearly 20 hours) and shaking, and she BANGS on my room door. Walks in uninvited.

I still have not forgiven her. She has come over to see him the day after we got home, and had her husband DROP HER OFF. She stayed until 9 pm. I was shaking mad.

The only person I let visit me was my mom and that was because she had my son. They left shortly after. I'm cramping, bleeding, and sore... I really don't want to have to explain this to someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->