Seriously hoping it’s just a phase...terrible 2s and not eating

Wannabemum96

Reaction score
My son will be 2 and a half in January and we are having a nightmare getting him to eat at the moment. Basically every night he will throw a huge tantrum as soon as we put a meal in front of him. I try to make lots of new and interesting things for him but it all usually ends up in the bin he would live solely off potato smileys if he had his way!!

We try to reason with him...like if you have 4 more bites you can have a fruit pouch etc just to get something into him. Sometimes it works after a long battle of wills....sometimes it doesn’t.

Does anyone have any tips or advice??

Really hoping it’s just a phase of the terrible 2s

My daughter is just shy of 3 and is doing the same thing and has been for about 6 months. Just last night I put chicken in front of her and the first thing out of her mouth was "yucky". My mother tells me it is all just a phase and she'll grow out of it.

Oh and we also are in the battle of wills and the just eat this much and then you can have the crap you want tactics.

My daughter is just shy of 3 and is doing the same thing and has been for about 6 months. Just last night I put chicken in front of her and the first thing out of her mouth was "yucky". My mother tells me it is all just a phase and she'll grow out of it.

Oh and we also are in the battle of wills and the just eat this much and then you can have the crap you want tactics.

Glad we’re not alone!! Especially in our bargaining tactics lol xx

DD2 just started doing this and she just turned 3. She’s always been a good eater but will now just pick at things unless it’s something off my plate ! Same with DD1 and she’s still a very fussy eater! All you can do is keep offering the food at mealtimes it’s so frustrating though as you end up giving in to what they want or like just so they have a full tummy !

My dd was like this. She got a lot better when she started school and she saw her friends eating everything, and then she widened her own menu.

Hoping nursery 1 day a week in the new year might help xx

It may be a phase, but it might now. Some people are just born picky because of genuine differences in how they taste or experience textures. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->