• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

seriously low amniotic fluid.

confused87com

Reaction score
I wanted a vbac and this pregnancy was going okay until I ended up in hospital with a virus severally dehydrated at33 weeks. I got over that buy my 36 week scan has shown barely any fluid. Baby is on track weight wise but I've never heard of anyone with such low fluid. They measured the single deepest pool at 1.4. I know 2 to 8 is normal. The worrying part is that they should find fluid in each four segments. ...well they only found that one pocket and it had cord in it so really shouldn't have been counted. I know even if it picks upi need a c section. It was going to be a higher risk natural delivery but without much fluid the chances of emergency section are huge. I'm gutted by that but understand. Just concerned I've never heard of such low levels

I don't know about this topic but I wish the best for you. At least you are at 36 weeks so baby should be ok even if it comes now. Try not to be upset if you have to have the C-section, just concentrate on the baby getting here. Months from now you won't care whether you had the C-section or not!

Thank you. I have come to terms with the section pretty well actually. I thought it would make my depression spiral. I think as I know they would have said section even if I had had natural deliveries before I know how serious it is . I have some medical knowledge from beinga vet nurse so most baby problems I have a little knowledge. I like it that way. I Know nothing about amniotic fluid and complications. All I know is I was meant to get steroids and then today have scans and consultant to decide how he is doing. They mucked up and just booked me for consultant Tuesday next week! I had to wait 5 hours see the doc to say that's mad. They said he may not get that far! baby is normally crazy busy bullying me all the time. With no fluid is painful. Now I get the odd nudge and that's it. I hate the end of my pregnancies. Each one the end I've had to sit and poke them. I managed to sort out the appointments. With the reduced movements he is coming out Monday! Times to prepare. .maybe rock in the corner at the thought of having three kids

I will tell you with my last baby I had no fluid. My water broke but nothing came out. Just the sack broke and I had her 50 minutes later. No fluid came out when she was born either. They didn't know I had low fluid and it never effected her in any way. My son before her only has a tiny amount of fluid. My water broke and I only has about a silver dollar sized wet spot in my under wear. I wasn't even sure if it was my water but then the contractions started hard and heavy. Had him 2 hours and 20 minutes later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->