Seriously reduced movements at 37+1

wifey2013

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been noticing the LO has seriously reduced his movement over the past few days. Today has been the least. Maybe I've felt 6-10 movements the entire day. I was at the OBgyn this morning and he said that the baby's heartbeat was great. He also said it was normal for things to slow down and only to worry if I feel nothing for hours. Somehow I feel like I should be worrying? Am I over thinking things or is this normal at 37 weeks? Dr. did tell me that the baby has really dropped and his head is engaged.

No it is not normal to have severe reduced movement. It could be cord entanglement (including around the neck). I was induced due to reduced movement and my placenta was f**ked for want of a better word! my LO would have died without the intervention.

Put another call into doctor, you need a monitoring session with heart graph to be printed to see activity.

A heartbeat (however healthy it may sound) is not a reliable indication everything is ok.

Go to the hospital hun get checked movement shouldn't slow like that

I'd go and get myself checked out if it were me in your position. It's always better to be safe than sorry when it concerns your baby imo. X

Please go and get checked, not trying to scare you but take advise from someone who wishes everyday that I had done xxx

Go and get checked! If your worried why stay at home worrying?

Baby's movements are extremely important and if you think there not right then you must get checked.

Google count the kicks.

I agree with everyone else, please go and get checked out. Hopefully baby is fine & dandy <3 xx

Thank you ladies! Everything is fine this evening! He's been moving around quite a lot. Could have just been a lazy day. If I'm having trouble feeling him tomorrow I'll go into L&D.

Glad movement picked up. Hopefully he won't scare u again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->