Seriously the UK has gone to pot!

rhdr9193..x

Oliver's mummy :D
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe that if I had no ambition in life an was happy to sit and do nothing i could be so much better off than I am now!
The UK benefits system is ridiculous! Those who cba to get jobs get rewarded and those who have jobs or go into higher education jut gt punished for it!
Just started m degree and student finance are refusing to pay out! I get £3000 for the full year. For petrol,books,essentials,car tax/insurance/MOT, (can't get to Uni an LO to nursery without the car). It was meant to be 3 times that. Grrrrr.

So if I sit on my backside, do nothing and claim every benefit I could get,that figure is closer to £12000. Punished for having ambition! Great lol!

Rant over! Overdraft here I come lol x

Makes me sick and gets my blood boiling everytime I read about stuff like this.

Totally get where you're coming from but I get too wound up!

X

I honestly can't believe that if I had no ambition in life an was happy to sit and do nothing i could be so much better off than I am now!
The UK benefits system is ridiculous! Those who cba to get jobs get rewarded and those who have jobs or go into higher education jut gt punished for it!
Just started m degree and student finance are refusing to pay out! I get £3000 for the full year. For petrol,books,essentials,car tax/insurance/MOT, (can't get to Uni an LO to nursery without the car). It was meant to be 3 times that. Grrrrr.

So if I sit on my backside, do nothing and claim every benefit I could get,that figure is closer to £12000. Punished for having ambition! Great lol!

Rant over! Overdraft here I come lol x

I agree, its especially bollocks tuition fees have gone up, i'm doing a degree with the OU, their fees have gone up too but not as horrendous as the typical 9k a year! x

I haven't friends that do take advantage of the system but at the same time I know many people who do need the benefits. Myself included. I actually do work, my work cut my hours to 1 day a week when I was about 15 weeks pregnant. I had to claim job seekers, was no longer entitled to smp, had to claim income support and maternity allowance now whilst on maternity leave.

I'm going to be A LOT worse off when I go back to work as its going to be one day a week still but I love my job :)

I'm also studying for a degree. Well, finance pending that is.

Ohhhhh I totally agree! I reaaaaallllly want to be a sahm, just for 3 or 4 years... I've always worked before having lo and fully intend to once lo is at preschool. But because dh works I am going to have to go back to work as we want to buy a house and still havent paid off all uni debts. Wheareas my cousin who has a baby with a drug addict, neither of gem worked ever, she's getting given a house with brand new kitchen being put in, and is on every benefit going. Grrrrrrrrrrr! Good luck with your course xx

OMG don't get me started on this :growlmad: It's ridiculous!

My OH always says this issue would be solved by one simple change - make benefits less than minimum wage. Then people who can work would take the jobs that foreigners are so willing to do. Where's the incentive to get a job when you can earn more on benefit?! :wacko:

That is an amazing idea! Has he thought of running for prime minister lmao x

I'd have thought so!
If I fail at uni il run for prime minister,after all they get paid a fortune,have no common sense,no qualifications! Or that's how it seems! :p hehe x

ill tell you now the otherday out of interest i worked out how much money me and OH would have if he lost his job and we had to rely on benefits so we could make a back up plan anyways we would be £25 per week worse off if he was out of work so he basically goes to work for £25 per week good job he is ver motivated and needs to get out and do things as it would be so easy for him to just toss it off all day :-/

I couldn't agree more! It makes me mad how people are paid to just sit around all day, it shouldn't be like that. What really gets me mad is when people can work but chose not to & then use all the benefit money they get paid for drugs & alcohol! :growlmad:

ill tell you now the otherday out of interest i worked out how much money me and OH would have if he lost his job and we had to rely on benefits so we could make a back up plan anyways we would be £25 per week worse off if he was out of work so he basically goes to work for £25 per week good job he is ver motivated and needs to get out and do things as it would be so easy for him to just toss it off all day :-/

And this is people I would praise! Well done to your OH! I just can't see how people can do it! I had a year maternity from uni and cut it short to 6 months as I was so bored! X

Luckily there is a big benefit shake up imminent. Maybe the condems will leave a positive legacy.

tell me about it. I'm being punished for having a house and a husband and therefore need to go back to work full time because I am getting next to no help whatsoever! and the ppl that I know in council houses on benefits, they told me they are getting way more than they need. It's just not right!!

i know people on benefits can afford to drive (i cant) wear designer stuff (i deffo cant lol) and go out boozing everyweekend (havent been able to do that in years)

I completely agree!! I'm on maternity leave from work and getting maternity allowance, because I live alone (with LO) I also get housing benefit and council tax benefits. What with child benefit and tax credits I'm better off than I ever was working. Even though, I will be returning to work when my maternity leave is up. I'll be a lot worse off but I have a strong work ethic which was drilled into me by my family and I wouldn't be comfortable sponging off the benefit system if I didn't need to xx

If they were given less than minimum wage, they'd be living below the poverty line! Not nice for the genuinely deserving or innocent kids, so not a great idea.

If they were given less than minimum wage, they'd be living below the poverty line! Not nice for the genuinely deserving or innocent kids, so not a great idea.

agreed but some families not all dnt shoot me down lol dont even spend the money on kids they spend on drugs alcohol fags etc :-/

if you are an alcoholic you get to claim DLA wich is over £100 per week also get your rent and council tax paid this is very very very unfair they are given money to blow on beer :nope:

It's a hard one tho because the jobs just aren't there at the moment I know people who have been trying so hard to get a job that covers their mortgage witch minimal wage won't cover therefore they have to stay out of work so the insurance covers it.
The government is pants they need to get the economy going up instead of cutting jobs which results in more people on benefits
And closing the boarder untill there are enough jobs for the people who are already here before allowing more in lol

Bit of a rant sorry lol

I couldn't agree more! It makes me mad how people are paid to just sit around all day, it shouldn't be like that. What really gets me mad is when people can work but chose not to & then use all the benefit money they get paid for drugs & alcohol! :growlmad:

Yes this is where grocery vouchers instead of cash would be better so people couldn't spend it on alcohol and drugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->