Seriously venting about my kids school

DH and I both train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (a martial art that helps the small guy beat the larger person) and we will teach our son. We will also teach him that if he is bullied or sees someone else being bullied to find an adult, if he can't to that then use words, if words fail then to lay the smack down on the bully, and if that is what happens then I will stand by what my child. Maybe try finding some martial arts training (Tae Kwon Do, Karate, BJJ) for your child. It will help to rebuild her confidence.

I was bullied pretty much all the way through school, I never did any thing about it and have a lot of issues with myself.
DH was never bullied and at first he didn't understand. When he was a kid they settled everything with a fight. He couldn't get his head around why our son wouldn't fight back.
But even though I don't think violence is the answer, some times a bully needs to be shown you will take no more and you are not a victim.
When it came to it we didn't tell them off because by that point I was ready to trip the little so and so up as he walked past myself!!!
I know the family in question and both parents are so smug and look down their noses at others as they walk into the playground. The boy also has an older brother with the same reputation and nothing has been done about him.
Its a tiny village school so he will be in my sons class until the end of their 6th year when they leave to go on to the next school (we only have 2 schools, reception up to year 6 and year 7 up to 11) so it really could not carry on. Hopefully after that they will be going to different schools.

DH and I both train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (a martial art that helps the small guy beat the larger person) and we will teach our son. We will also teach him that if he is bullied or sees someone else being bullied to find an adult, if he can't to that then use words, if words fail then to lay the smack down on the bully, and if that is what happens then I will stand by what my child. Maybe try finding some martial arts training (Tae Kwon Do, Karate, BJJ) for your child. It will help to rebuild her confidence.

My bf trains hard in BJJ. And we are definitely going to have our kid train as soon as he/ she is old enough, for the same reasons. :thumbup:

Ugh- just hearing about this stuff get's me worked up. I wish schools were able to be less tolerant- yes, they tote they don't tolerate this type of thing- but tbh, they do! As parents of the bullier are the ones that tend to make a big stink of things- grrrr... my brother was bullied very bad all through middle school, I know how hard that was on him then (and now)- it's something he's carried with him all these years- which makes me sad that I didn't know it was going on at the time- I was his big sister, I would have take it in my own hands had I known... but he didn't come clean to me about for years. He just held it inside.

My SD has also dealt with this off and on- especially starting in middle school. It's crazy the things girls can do to one another! And so so sad. Lucky, it never escalated- and we only had to step in once- as she is a very self assured strong girl- and had no issue standing up for herself. But I saw the tears- and it sucked! I could have literally detroyed those girls saying mean and nasty things- but, I didn't, I let her handle it cause that is what SHE wanted to do- and she did! I was very proud of her. She just stood her ground and went to the teacher/principal as needed. Eventually, one girl got in some big trouble cause she layed hands on my SD-- and never again! It really stopped after that as they knew she meant business.

I can't ONLY imagine how hard it must be having such a young one experience that type of cruelty- I'm so sorry she has dealt with any of that. Kids can truly be cruel.

I have no great advise- I think it's all been offered... I just hope your LO is out of that school soon and on to a better one. I know my SD's old school was way worse- it got better when we moved (not the reason we moved, but the district in general wasn't ideal and we needed a bigger house anyway)- but still, girls were nasty at times. It was really worst in 8th/9th grade- I think that is pretty common too. But once she hit sophomore year at 10th grade- things just really calmed down... no real clue why? Maybe that is when girls tend to calm down? ugh... whatever reason, I'm just glad it's over- other than the regular school girl drama from time to time!

Wishing you and your daughter the best of luck hun! Please keep us posted! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->