• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seriously worried

worried19

Reaction score
Hi, I've missed 4 months of periods and now I'm currently due another however Im getting all of the cramps and no period whats so ever, I've taken 3 pregnancy tests and all of them have turned out negative but this was about 1.5 months a go , my breasts aren't sore however I have had mood swings and have been a lot more tired, i dont think im showing my opinion is that ive got a fat podge lol I've been really worried to go to the doctors as im terrified of blood tests however im gonna man up and book the appointment for next week. I'm just in need of some advice as reading all these different articles online is making me panic! would really appreciate some personal experience or personal views!
Oh! atm if i find out I am it i will see it as a blessing as right now my partners at uni, i work & have finished studies we live together in our apartment so things are comfortable and if im not life is still as good, please help!

Hey lovely,

It's understandable you are worried, even though AF is an uncomfortable time of the month, it also provides us with reassurance that everything is working. Even when I was on the coil, I found it strange not having periods despite knowing it was a (blessed) side effect of it.

There could be a lot of reasons you aren't having periods though so try not to panic too much. Ironically, being super stressed is a BIG cause for not having a period. Also things such as weight - too much weight lost quickly, not eating the right foods etc, anything really. Are bodies are strange things! Had you come off contraception before all this started?

I'd definitely go to your GP though I can appreciate your fears with the blood tests. You could ask them for some EMLA cream to numb the area before you have it, I think you can even buy it online so if you know when your blood test is due apply to that to a patch where they will likely take blood from (say inside your elbow) and cover it for a couple of hours before. It works a treat! GP's, phlebotomists and nurses are all used to people terrified of needles so they will do their best to reassure you and although it's not pleasant, it has to be better than all this worrying lovely. I know easier said than done though when you are terrified of something.

They might do an ultrasound I imagine just to check everything, and indeed that you aren't pregnant if that's neccessary.

Wishing you the best of luck. xxx

Like above- there could be many reasons. Afer my LO was born via c-section, I bleed for 7wks, but then nothing- nadda- zip since. But I also started a new pill (loestrin 24) and my body wasn't building up enough lining to shed each month- it was odd though, not having a period, as even pre-baby (while on other pills) I always had a monthly cycle. I even took a few tests those first few months as my mind got the better of me- LOL.

If nothing has changed- like new pill, or extra stress etc... then you just have to see your doc and know all will be Ok either way hun. Best of luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->