Serving/Waitressing Preggo

LeahLou

Emilia+Brantley+Kyle
Reaction score
Hey!

So I'm a server about 28 hours a week. I obviously need a job to pay for everything but, I don't know if its healthy to keep working at a restaurant. Not only because of all the lifting and MAJOR stress, but also because of all the people (and germs) I come in contact with everyday. I just don't know if I want to risk my little bean being affected.

Anybody else struggling with this???? :shrug:

I worked in fast food for my entire first pregnancy. I was working 55+ hours a week and didn't get sick once. As far as the lifting is concerned, if something is too heavy or you don't feel comfortable lifting it then ask for help. I wouldn't worry about being exposed to all the germs, it's no more germs than what you are exposed to by going to the grocery store. I am sure your little bean will come through just fine.

Congratulations!

Thank you!
I'm just being super nervous! My doctor said that I need to keep the stress level down. At the restaurant I work at, it's nothing but arguing, yelling, back stabbing, etc. So, I don't know whether its a place I want to continue at preggo or not!

I can understand being nervous, it starts the moment that second line appears on the HPT. If the job stresses you out too much, then I say yes try to find something less stressful. If you like the industry then maybe try to find another restaraunt to work at.

SO true.
Thank you SO much for the help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"