• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Setting up council tax

jenny82

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is a really stupid question, but how do you set up council tax? We pay rates here, not council tax and tbh they're very easy going. I've heard such nightmare stories about council tax that I want to make sure that is the first thing I sort out when we move house.

How do you even know what council you belong to? I've searched for the area we are moving to but I can't find anything :S

Thanks!

The letting/estate agent will be able to tell you which council it is - or somebody on here if you are happy to name the area!

Once you know, just give the council tax dept a call with your moving in date, set up a direct debit and all will be fine! x

We got a letter but that might of been as it was a new build, then just rang up and set up a direct debit x

I found out what council area I was in and then just phoned them up and set it up.

I will b with the town/city council not a parish council etc. so just google ur town/city council andfindtheir website and go from there x

Ok cheers! It's all done centrally here so I wasn't sure. Now to find out what council I belong to... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->