• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Severe asthma attack

MummyLaura93

Expecting number 2
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this but I suffer with asthma so badly to the point where I cannot go anywhere with out an inhaler and will use it every time. Night times are the worst. I wake up with an attack every night.

Today since about 1pm I've been having an asthma attack that just hasn't settled. I've tried everything that usually works but its got to the point where I don't know what to do. I'm worried my baby isn't getting enough oxygen or if taking too much of my inhaler has done something.

I've had attacks like these before and never gone to the hospital but I've never been pregnant with them before and I'm worried about the effects. I'm shaky because of how much I've used :wacko::nope:

Hey

I would definately go in. I stopped my asthma meds when I was pregnant with my first and I got in a lot of trouble!!! doc told me that I needed to take them and that getting oxygen to the baby was most important. I ended up sick and couldn't stop coughing... For me he had said that the meds didn't go into my blood stream for the most part and therefore wouldn't impact the baby.

Anyways I think that it's okay to take your meds, but over this amount of time, I would definately go in.

Good luck!!

Kim

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"