Severe cough at 7 weeks

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

In a case of true Sod's law, just in time for my very first time hosting Christmas to both our families, I came down with a terrible cold! I've been so ill the last two days. I had a low-grade fever yesterday, but after taking some paracetemol it went away. What I'm worried about is the severe cough I've had. It's been really chesty, so my whole body has been tense as I have tried to clear it. The sides of my stomach are now tender I have coughed that hard.

What I'm worried about is that this might have hurt the baby somehow. I'm only 7 weeks and I worry that the baby might have been dislodged by the constant heaving. I only just had a scan on the 23rd and we saw a beautiful strong little heartbeat, so I'm desperately hoping it has made it through these last few days.

I haven't had any spotting or pains (other than tender muslces) and I'm probably being paranoid.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

x

Hello, I have a very bad cough caused by a heart problem. I have been coughing all the way through my pregnancy but it is gradually getting worse as my pregnancy puts more pressure on my heart. I'm being monitored really closely and my LO is doing really well. Try not to worry. I find drinking sparkling water helpful and sucking boiled sweets really helps as it take the tickle away.
God luck with your pregnancy X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"