Severe cramps, no bleeding, 4.5 weeks?

ser523

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So I mentioned this in the November group, but I thought I'd give it a shot here too. I'm about 4-5 weeks pregnant and I've been having some very severe cramps in my lower abdomen. There's no bleeding, it's in the center (so not to one side, so I'm not worried about ectopic), and it's not consistent pain. It varies in severity, but every now and then, particularly at night, it get really bad. Now I like to think I have a relatively high pain tolerance, what with having chronic migraines and all, but it's been bad enough that the pain will wake me up out of a dead sleep and have me in tears. :(

Anyone else having/had something similar?

I've tried looking online for suggestions, but all I really see suggested is gas pains and constipation. Now, I've had gas pain before and while gas pain is not pleasant, it wasn't this bad. And if it was gas pain, you would think that releasing some gas would help but it doesn't. And as to constipation, things are slower than usual but I'm still 'going' every day, just perhaps less than I normally would. So, I'm hesitant to think that's it either.

My initial OB appointment isn't for another week and a half, but I thinking I'm going to call on Monday and demand they see me sooner. But in the meantime, I thought it would be worth a try asking here.

Had similar in my last pregnancy, pains were so bad I thought I was miscarrying but all was fine, was just little lady snuggling in. If it carries in though I'd just ask for a check over from your doctor, can't hurt.

Hi had bad cramps that early on and it was the corpus lupus cyst we all have that helps but sometimes they can cause pain. Mine was large and pushing on my ovary which caused the pain they confirmed this on a scan but it did go xxx

I had terrible pain but it was the corpus lutum cyst. I actually ended up in ER twice. The pain felt like it was in the lowest part of my back. It eventually stopped.

Thanks for the responses, ladies! It's mostly happening at night, about two hours after I go to sleep, but it occasionally flares up during the day. I've been trying everything - drinking water, going to the bathroom, gas-x, Tylenol - to make it go away once it starts. I'm going to try breathing through it tonight, to see if it's just time that makes it pass or if it was one of the other things I tried. And I shall be calling the Dr.'s office in the morning. Not sure what they'll be able to do for me, but hopefully it will give me some peace of mind.

Can't hurt to call just for peace of mind :)

Today I have been having what Kat describes but mine is off to one side on the right. Have you tried a warm bath? Hope it eases up xx

I had really bad stomach cramps at 10dpo and again at 4+2. They kept me awake at 10dpo and lasted most of the day at 4+2.

I was so scared and thought I was miscarrying as they were very similar to the cramps I got when I had a loss at five weeks.

But... I've had two scans since and all has been fine :shrug:

I'm so scared for my 12 week scan but everything has been fine so far :shrug: even with spotting each day from 5-7 weeks :shrug:

I guess you just never know.

Hope everything is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->