Severe diarrhea(tmi)

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
I will warn you, a lot of this post is probably tmi!
This is yet another post about my ongoing illness. I've been slowly getting better on antibiotics. I'm able to eat fairly normally again and my throat feels so much better. The only problem is I have been having severe diarrhea. It's just pretty much liquid at this point. I'm used to dealing with diarrhea on a daily basis, as I have IBS and no gallbladder, but I've never had it this bad. Imodium is on my list of approved medication, but it has no effect. I've been losing weight and I believe I'm starting to get dehydrated. I've lost 7lbs in just the last week, and I'm now back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I've called the doctor, but waiting for a call back. In the meantime, does anyone know of any good safe remedies to try? I'm in pretty pathetic shape now. I've had to go so much it hurts to wipe, and my hemorrhoids are about 5 times worse. I have no energy and just can't do much of anything.

I would try foods that bind. Rice, bananas, breads. You shoukd also up your salt intake as this will replace electrolytes. Carrots and bananas have pectin which helps soak up the extra water in the large intestine. And drink tons of water. No coffee no beans no apple juice. Im sorry you're feeling this horribly! I hope the doctor has something good to tell you.

Agreed with above. Also try witch hazel cream on heamarroids if you have any to hand and t h ey're external, really helps cool them off and shrink.

I just got a call back from the nurse. They want me to head into l&d to get a work up done and get some fluids going.

Oh good! You will get electrolytes in those fluids too! Let us know how you're feeling :)

I am on antibiotics and was told by the pharmacist to take probiotics to avoid diarrhea.

I hope you are better soon x

Thanks everyone. We are back home. Amazingly my tests came back perfect. No sign of dehydration whatsoever. They do believe the diarrhea started with the bug I had and then the antibiotics aggravated it. They think it will resolve itself after I'm through taking them. Until then, BRAT diet and Imodium and keep up the fluids.

Oh thats great! Now you'll start to feel better soon :)

I'm looking forward to it! I've been sick way too long. And I'm tired of worrying about accidents. TMI, but I don't have much control right now 😩I had an unexpected sneeze a little bit ago and had an accident 😱 Lucky I was sitting on a blanket and don't have to clean up my couch.

Awe. How uncomfortable. It will be over soon :) were you able to get some rice and bananas and bread?

I had rice and toast for dinner. I'm going to have to pick up some bananas in the morning :) DH has the money(debit card) and he is at work right now.

Thats a great start. You're on your way! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->