severe piles please help!

bounceyboo

bambino on the way!
Reaction score
im going insane with the pain I had piles with my son and when I mentioned it to my gp pp she said she cant do anything until im done having kids never bothered me tbh they are external and never had a problem with them used over the counter creams etc but to no avail so learnt to deal with it, however yesterday and today the pain is excruciating ive been in tears with it I had a look and they are so big its almost reaching my vagina, im due a csection Wednesday and im so embaressed about having them I know something will be said,i made a gp appointment for this afternoon but im dreading it, dh said theres nothing to be embarrassed about gps and nurses see everything everyday but im embarrassed showing dh who agreed they were really bad and painful looking, they don't bleed or anything but very swollen :( how do I ease the pain?and will they shrink down?

Hi I had mega piles with my first baby and to be honest I tried every thing to ease them but it is a case off waiting till after the baby is born it's another joy of pregnancy hun cream them try not to strain when going for a number 2..

That's all the advice I have

X

Just went through this, though I am 3 weeks pp now. Ice your ass. I felt ridiculous cramming a cube between my cheeks, but it really does help. Get tucks or generic witch hazel pads. My doc rx'd a steroid cream. Ask for it, it will help almost immediately. I know you are having a cs, but after you deliver ask for the icy peri pads. They are like your standard snap and shake cold pads but for your perineum. I used them for a few days. My roids are tiny now and not a furious pain in my ass. Sorry you are dealing with them!

I feel your pain love... I'm completely new to the horrendous pain too so will be stalking... I ended up a the drs Cos I thought my babies head was between my legs on Tuesday. Turns out its just a massive pile that's putting pressure on my lady bits... Ridiculously sore I agree. Hope you feel better soon my dear. Xxx

thanks ladies I saw a new doctor at my normal gps office and she was so nice and understanding not at all awkward like my usual doctor basically just keep going with the preparation h and I got moist toilet paper really soothed the area and not in as much pain to night, its just the pressure of baby but I kinda guessed that told her I was afraid that they would stay as bad as they are after baby and she assured me that they will shrink down and go way, fingers crossed they will an I wont have to go futher about them! hope you feel better soon ladies they are horrible aren't they?

I had an issue last week with what I think was a pile. I had a bit of a clear out and I'm not sure if I just irritated it or if it had 'popped out' but I was in agony (I'm too squeamish to look). I read a tip somewhere and it seems to have helped. I filled a clean rubber glove with water and froze it then used the frozen 'fingers' to get to the right area and to try to push any piles back in - not sure whether this would be of any use to you? I also used the cream and I haven't had any problems since. Hope you get some relief soon! x

I don't remember having them with DS, or not much at all. I braved a look back there and I definitely have some with this pregnancy. They aren't giving me any pain or bleeding yet but they look painful, I'm worried they will get a lot worse as I have pregnancy left.

Is anyone else worried about what's going to happen to their piles when they give birth? They're going to be really strained and ugh I'm just worried how horrendous it's going to look down there :dohh:

I had them when pregnant with both of mine and when pregnant this time I used witch hazel and my gosh it was relief strait away. It worked so much better than the gel I got off midwife

yeah the get I have has witch hazel in it massive improvement today in comparison to the past few days no pain or discomfort so hopefully things are starting to calm down, to pp I spoke to my gp about afterwards and she said the will go away just keep treating them and the only cure is having baby im afraid,

After having my first 2 kids I was left with permanently external piles which day up day weren't painful, just hideous and unhygienic, with regular flare ups and daily bleeding on BM.

Embarrassing as it was, I went to my GP who referred me to a surgeon who eventually fixed me up all nice. I won't lie, the surgery was miserable but not excruciatingly painful and I felt so much better about myself for not having a deformed rectum!

Touch wood I haven't been afflicted in this pregnancy (with new husband, after that ordeal I would not have chanced getting piles again for a man who had a babying his own already!) but if necessary, I would def go back under the knife to fix a grade 4 like I had before.

Is anyone else worried about what's going to happen to their piles when they give birth? They're going to be really strained and ugh I'm just worried how horrendous it's going to look down there :dohh:

Hahahaha yes!!! I have images on my bowels on the labour table. Petrified doesn't cover it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->