severe vomiting

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
as some of you know ive been throwing up since thursday... cant keep anything down, not even water.

rang my mw today and she said 'ring the gp in the morning if youre not any better'

ive been throwing up for 4 days!!!!!!

for all i know the baby could be in danger and she tells me to ring back tomorrow!

im so frustrated im sat here crying!

Oh gosh hunny :hugs:

If YOUR worried which clearly you are get ya butt down to the A&E for own peace of mind, sod the midwife Terrie!! OR call your quack - Out of hours?

x

The main concern here is dehydration,so get to A&E to get it checked out as they could put a drip on just to get your fluids to an acceptable level.

I would disregard the MW and go with gut-instinct,what do YOU feel?

They will see you straight away in A&E as they will send you straight to central delivery and from there you will get the best care. In fact give Central Delivery a ring now and they can advise on what to do next.

It's what we pay our taxes for hun so egt your peace of mind.

Bex.x

i had food poisonin wen i was preg we chloe(and callum 4 tht matter!!)and i was told to eat nothing 4 48 hrs.... i cudnt evn keep down water... it cud maybe b food poisonin cos ur body rejects food till ur better, so just gradually build up ur intake of fluids... i no its shit but it shud help xxxx

just been to bed for an hour but as soon as i woke up i threw up, again.

im gonna see if i can get some more sleep and if im no better by this afternoon im going to a&e.

i just cant sit here and keep throwing up...

:hugs:

Let us know how you are won't you! A&E sounds like the best thing to do hun! Get yourself ready & go x

I had Gastroenteritis about a month ago and everything I ate and drank waas coming out of both ends.

I spoke to NHS direct and they sent me to an out of hours GP. In the end there was nothing they could do for me except I had to drink little and often, some of it was being absorbed, clear fluids only, and eat nothing until 24 hours after the last bout of diarrheoa.

Try calling NHS direct if you don't want to go to A & E they will tell you to go to A and E or the maternity day centre if they tthink thats what you need and they will let them know in advance.

Aww sweetie
I threw up all day every day with Jack

But as this is a new thing i would deff call NHS or go to A&E just to put your mind at rest if nothing else

:hugs: :hugs:

ive been back to bed and i feel a bit better now...

havent thrown up since 12.30, i havent had anything to eat yet but ive drank a glass of water

my head hurts so much but at least the vomiting has stopped for now

Glad you are feeeling a bit better :)
Try and drink more fliud hun
Your head aching is prob a sign that you are getting dehydrated, as long as you are still weeing you will be fine

Hi hunni

Try not to worry with DD1 I was sick from week 6 all the way up to 40 weeks plus four, in the earlier weeks I was like you nothing would stay down, so I had to go on a drip but the baby was fine, GP said that the baby was taking what it needed, and the sickness was more so cos of the lack of iron. (not saying your lacking iron btw) anyway as far as sickness goes mine was all the time every morning and sometimes in the evening with DD1 but it was constent, and I knew it would happen.

I had trouble keeping most things down, sometimes I had to eat then sleep, so Id digest some, then at least there was something in there, (iykwim)

It is hard when your sick, and not been so for a while, but cos I was used to it last time, im already ready to incounter it this time round.

Hun I hope ur ok, and please be careful with headaches, if that doesn't subside I'd phone NHS 24 as that can signal high blood pressure = pre eclampsia :hugs: Im not wanting to worry you, just concerned :D

Keep us posted xx

i still havent thrown up any more and ive now drank another glass of water :)
im gonna go to my gp 2moro even if i feel better so he can check my bp etc ...

i dont want to take any chances, i already love this baby too much

Hi Terrie,

Keep drinking the water, try it warm or hot as well. Don't eat any thing yet! If it is food poisoning or gastroenteritis you need to flush it out of your system.

Take care of yourselves!!

:happydance: :happydance:
Ohh so glad for you, was thinking about you today :D

Awwwwwwww Terrie.....:hugs: I am so sorry hun I missed this post :oops:

I am sorry you have been so rough, I am glad to hear you are feeling better and hope it is continuing for you!

But if ever in doubt hun, always ring your labour ward for advice in future! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->