Sewing machine recommendations

meldmac

Mom to an angel and Colin
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a sewing machine but know next to nothing about them. Can you ladies recommend one that would be good for a beginner?

i just got a brother AS40 for doing my cotbed bedding and to start on doing a liner. i've found it to be great. it was £200 and it's a digital :)

Get one where you can lower the feed dogs, front loading bobbin and free arm. Those of the main 3 things I want when looking at machines. I have a brother as well (innovis range £299). Was my first machine and i still love it!

it depends on what you want to make with it. I got a Brother LS590 for US$79, it's a super basic machine, not digital, free arm, it will handle alot of basic sewing. but if i knew what i would do using my machine for in just a short few years, i would've bought a different one. perhaps one like this: https://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewing/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=cs6000i#.UvkpXtKbOkE this would be what i shouldve bought.

I started with a singer sewing machine from Argos for less than £100 which was perfect to learn on and I got a lot of use out of it. I recently upgraded to a Janome which is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->