Sex a no-go????

snuggles82

Reaction score
I have been having contractions all week, and my OB put me on medication to prevent contractions. He did a non stress test and my contractions were coming every 2-3 min. He did say however to remain active and keep up my normal work routines ect. because he thinks it good for mom and baby. I was only dilated .5cm and was not thinning out at all. Since then my contractions have stopped, and I forgot to ask if "normal activity" meant that I could have sex?
I am wondering if I should give him a call and ask, but I feel kind of silly.....

I've always learned that if there's a preterm labor scare, sex should stop until you reach a safe point. But, I haven't had the actual experience myself, so hopefully someone who's been there can tell you.

I'm in a similar situation and have been since 32 weeks and I am on complete pelvic rest per my dr. I would call for sure.. I'm also on light restrictions as far as activities as circumstances can quickly change. But my lo is engaged and I have significant funneling and 1.3 cm of cervical length. I can't really do much without initiating contractions :(. Good luck to u!

"Normal activity" seems like it'd include sex, but maybe your doc thought you'd put the kibosh on that yourself? I'd call and ask, better safe than sorry, and it's a nice quick question I'm sure they'll be happy to answer. :)

"Normal activity" seems like it'd include sex, but maybe your doc thought you'd put the kibosh on that yourself? I'd call and ask, better safe than sorry, and it's a nice quick question I'm sure they'll be happy to answer. :)

I know. I thought it would too. Maybe i am overthinking this. My husband was in the military during the 3rd tri for my last pregnancy so I never had this issue. I guess I'll just give in and call, you're right better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->