Sex after stitches...?

cat lover

Mummy to 2 girls
Reaction score
Dear all

Ladies who had stitches, when did you DTD - how long after LO was born? ATM it feels like never again lol!!

xxx

I had stitches, first was 10 days but it didnt go very good, then at 6 weeks, we did it again, was a little bit tight (tmi) but it didnt hurt, then after the first time is over its back to normal, well was for me anyway :flower:

11-12 weeks ..i had an episiotomy so 12 stitches i was fine abit sore.

<3

I had stitches, the first time we did it was when DS was about 11 days old but it hurt so didn't try again until around 6 weeks after. It still hurts now when we do it but not as much as it did in the beginning

I had a 3rd degree episiotomy and lots and lots of internal and external stitching. First time was 8 weeks. It was pretty uncomfortable but we took it slow and made sure everything was well lubed(sorry TMI) Ava is now 8 months old and im pregnant with our second and it is still uncomfy some times but not very often.

I had episiotomy with 36 stitches :( (thinking about it now..... OWCH!!)
We DTD after 3 weeks. Everything was ok but was sore, we just kept trying and gradually went back to normal without really noticing to be honest.
x

6 weeks, it felt a bit different but not painful.

3 weeks, no pain but there wasnt much sensation down there at the time! Much better now though, back to normal xx

After DS1 had a second degree tear lots of stitches and it took about 8 weeks
After DS2 had a third degree tear and it took us about 12 weeks

we tried 6 weeks afterwards i think and to be honest it wasn't the episiotomy scar that hurt, that was fine, it was inside that hurt. i know its TMI but your best friend is a tube of KY (or something like it), that makes sex ok again haha

we tried about 6 weeks after and it was pretty sore so we stopped, it was over 8 weeks when it hurt less, at 7 months months after labour it still feels a little uncomfortable, it wouldn't have happened at all though without lube, it helps a lot :flower: I had an episiotomy so maybe a small tear would heal quicker ?

it was about 6 weeks after! i tore real bad and the stitches didnt dissolve until 6 weeks after LO

8 weeks after and I was so tight he almost couldnt get in. It was painful, but not unbearable. We havent tried since as DH has developed a painful hernia:( BUMMER!

I had an episiotomy and it got infected...so I was scared shitless to try it! but we did it at 6 weeks. It was ok, not very comfortable. It took a while for the discomfort to go away

Baby is 8 weeks today and we haven't DTD yet cause I bled for a long time.. this is actually the first full week not bleeding.. so we'll prolly DTD soon.. gotta buy some condoms first though LOL!

We went for it at 6 weeks and it was a little uncomfortable and slightly painful. It also wasn't all that great to be honest.

4 weeks, i was right as rain lol. Its different for everyone though so don't rush into it if you aren't ready! :hugs:

3 weeks but i only had a small tear, 1 stitch. lots of lube for a while! it gets better tho and i'm 9 weeks pp and everything is back to normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->