Sex drive whilst on the pill ?

I have a similar problem hun. And I know it's my pill because I came off it for about 4 or 5 months last year and I couldn't get enough of DH. In fact, I am glad you raised this point because I have just started to take my last months supply of pills and was going to go back to the Doc for another 6 months - with the plan of only using 4 months, coming off one cycle before our holiday.

But, now I am thinking maybe not. But then, we both hate condoms and I am not sure we'd have the willpower to use them :blush: Hmm, so now I have just talked myself back round again! lol! Ok, I'll take my problems to my journal, and concentrate on yours for now...

If I remember rightly, it took about 3 or 4 weeks for things to pick up last year. Hopefully it won't take too long and you won't be able to keep your hands of your DH

When I was on Microgynon I was absolutely fine, but when I went onto Cerazette it absolutely plummeted and the worst thing of all, I couldn't orgasm! It was absolutely awful. After I have a baby and need to go on the pill again, I will definitely be trying to go back to Microgynon, it was perfect for me.

x

I was on the pill from 19 and came off in feb (i'm 33 now) and i can't beleive the difference in my sex drive! Ironic how being on the pill kills your sex drive! I was on femodene and noticed a difference after my first real period.

I went on Femodene at the age of 18, changed pill when there was a pill scare in the late 90's, and I went back on Femodene a few years ago. Never in a million years thought my lack of drive would be down to the pill though. I've yet to have a real period, so I guess I'll see after that. :)

This is the reason I came off the pill. It makes me not even want to be touched. I tried two different brands and they both did the same. My relationship definitely suffered because OH didnt believe me it was the pill he thought I didnt fancy him.

Im a bit stuck for contraception at the min, I dont want the injection because it completely stopped my periods for about a year after I came off it. I think I might try the coil, but im scared of getting it put in.

Wow, this is how I've felt at times too, how strange!

I have a similar problem hun. And I know it's my pill because I came off it for about 4 or 5 months last year and I couldn't get enough of DH. In fact, I am glad you raised this point because I have just started to take my last months supply of pills and was going to go back to the Doc for another 6 months - with the plan of only using 4 months, coming off one cycle before our holiday.

But, now I am thinking maybe not. But then, we both hate condoms and I am not sure we'd have the willpower to use them :blush: Hmm, so now I have just talked myself back round again! lol! Ok, I'll take my problems to my journal, and concentrate on yours for now...

If I remember rightly, it took about 3 or 4 weeks for things to pick up last year. Hopefully it won't take too long and you won't be able to keep your hands of your DH

We both hate condoms too but I really really wanted to get the pill hormones out of my system and try to get my periods regular before we TTC. It'll be worth it in the long run! :D

My sex drive was non existent when I was on the pill, needless to say it came back as soon as I came off it! ;)

My sex drive was non existent when I was on the pill, needless to say it came back as soon as I came off it! ;)

Good to know! Only hope I'm as successful as you at getting pregnant, you must be super fertile! :D

I have read at many boards that the libido decreases for quite a lot women actually whihc was one reason for me to stay off it, after all it should not prevent by no libido but by no contraception..

God, I'm pleased I found this thread - I thought it was just me! Thats the main reason I stopped taking it last month. I've been off a month now and things are definitely picking up. Luckily my husband did believe me when I blamed the pill and has said for ages I should just stop taking it. I'm pleased I finally listened to him.

Good to know! Only hope I'm as successful as you at getting pregnant, you must be super fertile! :D

I like to think so! OH thinks its all him, he thinks he has super spermies, I like to think its me! :smug:

Hope it happens as quick for the rest of you WTT girls as it did for me xx

I am really hoping my sex drive insreases when i come off the pill, i have been on the pill since i was 14 (for endo) so not really to sure what my natural sex drive in but i do know that it's low now so hoping it improves when i come off it hehe

am sure DP won't have any complaints if it does hehe

God, I'm pleased I found this thread - I thought it was just me! Thats the main reason I stopped taking it last month. I've been off a month now and things are definitely picking up. Luckily my husband did believe me when I blamed the pill and has said for ages I should just stop taking it. I'm pleased I finally listened to him.

Me too! Glad I'm not alone!

god i hope my sex drive improves when i come off the pill - changed about 4 times, now on the progestrone only pill... but no improvement as yet!
a year and 11 months before i come off....................

Hi Hobnob! I had very little sex drive on the pill. I had been on it since I was a teenager and before I even started having sex (to my periods a little more bareable) so it took me a long time to realize that I had no sex drive because of the pill, rather than it just being me not interested in sex. It was causing issues in my relationship and I finally decided to come off the pill because of it. I've been off for more than 3 years now and it has definitely made a difference. While I don't have the biggest sex drive (which is just me I guess) it's definitely better than it was when I was on the pill.

Hi Hobnob! I had very little sex drive on the pill. I had been on it since I was a teenager and before I even started having sex (to my periods a little more bareable) so it took me a long time to realize that I had no sex drive because of the pill, rather than it just being me not interested in sex. It was causing issues in my relationship and I finally decided to come off the pill because of it. I've been off for more than 3 years now and it has definitely made a difference. While I don't have the biggest sex drive (which is just me I guess) it's definitely better than it was when I was on the pill.

Hi DeeDee!

I could have written your post! I went on the pill as a teenager, even before I'd slept with my then bf. I thought my sex drive was just low, never occurred to me that the pill could be responsible for it! Been off the pill for nearly 3 weeks, so we shall see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->