Sex...

hairftsher

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anything like this has been posted before or not, so if it has, I'm sorry! I tried looking.

I was just wondering if anybody knew whether or not it's possible to have "too many sex" DH & I have sex daily (not as a chore, but that's just how we have always been).

Such a thing as too much in terms of TTC?

I'm sure answers will be all over the board on this one. I've read that too much sex (like daily sex) can lower a mans sperm count. So by the time you are in your fertile period you are not getting the quality swimmers.

And I'm sure there are some other women who say sex every day is just fine.

My personal opinion....I think it's too much. Besides the fact that we just don't have the time/energy for that, I feel like it will diminish the better quality sperm.

'They' say every other day is better to get the best quality sperm. x

Thanks for the reply, Beachy!
I do wonder if it harms anything. It's not a chore for us, but I also don't want to say no because it has to be about making a baby. Some people turn sex into a chore by forcing it around ovulation times. I don't want to make sex a chore by denying it...

I've heard it's ok to do every day as long as there is no issue with the man's sperm count. Purely anecdotal of course.
On the other hand, I have heard of sperm donors who have donated to two women on the same day with not much time in between and one or both has got bfp

My friend said that her doctor told her that every other day was best... But when I asked my doctor, he kind of laughed at me, and said that every day is best. I presume because dh doesn't have any sperm count problems, every day is fine.

Good luck x

We BD every night when we go to bed that way I dont have to worry about standing up. Our FS said you can't do it too much as long as DH sperm count/ quality is good. I am lucky as my DH is super good, it's my PCOS that screws everything up!

we tend to go with what feels natural to us,
we naturally tend to have sex 2/3 days in a row, then a day or two without then a few days in a row again,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->