Share with me your nap time routine....

Linny

Reaction score
Pleeeease!!!

I am struggling to get LO into any kind of napping routine. She kinda has one at bedtime and usually gets herself off to sleep fine, through the day is a diff story. HV told me to recreate bedtime for her naps but that includes a bath and bottle form daddy which obviously i can't do!

She currently sleeps in her swing, on me or at a push on a thick blanket on the floor but will only catnap cos of all the distractions. I want her in her cot but she won't settle and just cries. PUPD doesn't work cos her crying doesn't stop when i pick her up :shrug:

Any suggestions greatly welcomed :flower:

Naptime routine!?

Ours goes: LO stays awake until exhausted, LO cries, I bounce and sway with LO, LO remains awake, LO cries more, I get fed up, LO gets boob, LO falls asleep on boob, I watch TV for the next hour :dohh: :haha:

I have tried countless times to get her to sleep elsewhere but after a few days she decides she wont have it and we go back to naps on mummy :roll: xx

Hi chic....we didnt get Miller into a routine until probably 6 mnths !!

He used to fight sleep as much as he could. Its only really been over the last few months where i can say he sleeps at around 930am for up to 2 hrs...then 230pm ish fro about an hour.

WE just ended up going with the flow ass it was too stressful trying to force him to sleep ....this couls take over an hour just for him to get put down and wake 10 mins later !!!!xx

Naptime routine!?

Ours goes: LO stays awake until exhausted, LO cries, I bounce and sway with LO, LO remains awake, LO cries more, I get fed up, LO gets boob, LO falls asleep on boob, I watch TV for the next hour :dohh: :haha:

I have tried countless times to get her to sleep elsewhere but after a few days she decides she wont have it and we go back to naps on mummy :roll: xx

:rofl: that is almost exactly my routine :rofl: Ah well :) Though I have to say when ive let her sleep on me for the day she won't sleep in her cot at night and then she ends up in bed with me too :wacko: Clever little missy she is :)

He used to fight sleep as much as he could. Its only really been over the last few months where i can say he sleeps at around 930am for up to 2 hrs...then 230pm ish fro about an hour.

WE just ended up going with the flow ass it was too stressful trying to force him to sleep ....this couls take over an hour just for him to get put down and wake 10 mins later !!!!xx

Thank you hun! I'm tryin to let her lead with her tired times and try get her to nap then. Problem is if i miss her sleepy cues she is a NIGHTMARE!!!!! Screams, flails around and I have to jiggle her about till she falls asleep, can take an hour even in my arms!!!!

Naptime routine!?

:rofl: that is almost exactly my routine :rofl: Ah well :) Though I have to say when ive let her sleep on me for the day she won't sleep in her cot at night and then she ends up in bed with me too :wacko: Clever little missy she is :)

Me too! I've got to the point now where I daren't move my LO for fear he'll wake up so just watched back to back Frasier last night, he was in my arms nearly all day! :wacko:

Naptime routine!?

Me too! I've got to the point now where I daren't move my LO for fear he'll wake up so just watched back to back Frasier last night, he was in my arms nearly all day! :wacko:

:rofl: Yup been there! All i can think about is food or drink or a pee but I just daren't move :rofl: At least I can laugh :)

Thank you hun! I'm tryin to let her lead with her tired times and try get her to nap then. Problem is if i miss her sleepy cues she is a NIGHTMARE!!!!! Screams, flails around and I have to jiggle her about till she falls asleep, can take an hour even in my arms!!!!

totally agree with this. I literally have to catch the first couple of sleepy signs otherwise its such a battle. Dark room, Soother and a bit of white noise have been working quite well for us too...

wake up at 7 and eat
nap @ 815
wake up @ 9 and eat
nap @ 10
wake up @ 11 and eat
nap @ 12
wake up at 1 and eat
nap at 230
wake up at 330 and eat
nap at 530
last feeding is at 730 then down for bed.

yes he takes many naps.
he can't stay awake longer than 1.5 hours or else hes grumpy

totally agree with this. I literally have to catch the first couple of sleepy signs otherwise its such a battle. Dark room, Soother and a bit of white noise have been working quite well for us too...

Thanks hun! I just need a proper blackout blind and that hopefully will help things. I have something that plays white noise I think........good tip :)

wake up at 7 and eat
nap @ 815
wake up @ 9 and eat
nap @ 10
wake up @ 11 and eat
nap @ 12
wake up at 1 and eat
nap at 230
wake up at 330 and eat
nap at 530
last feeding is at 730 then down for bed.

yes he takes many naps.
he can't stay awake longer than 1.5 hours or else hes grumpy

My Lo is the same. Only manages 90 mins at a push, think its cos she's soooo nosy she tires easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->