Share your growth scan estimate vs. baby's birth weight

With ds2 I had a scan at 38 weeks and they estimated 8.7lbs. Went in for induction at 40+3 and the midwifes were all convinced by feeling him that he was at least 10lbs! But then he was born at 40+5 and weighed 8lbs on the dot.

Last growth scan at 32 weeks, can't remember exactly how much he weighed then, but they predicted he'd be 9lb by 40 weeks.

He was born through spontaneous labour, on his due date weighing 9lb exactly!

With my 2nd, I had a growth scan at 40 weeks estimating he was 8lbs 9oz. He was born a week later weighing 9lb 14oz.

With this LO, I had a growth scan at 36 weeks 2days and they estimate he is 7lbs. Will update when he's born.

Last growth scan at 32 weeks, can't remember exactly how much he weighed then, but they predicted he'd be 9lb by 40 weeks.

He was born through spontaneous labour, on his due date weighing 9lb exactly!

Wow! Lol

My little one has been estimated at 36+2 as being 5lb14
Will update when he is here x

At 38 weeks this one was estimated to be 6lbs 2oz - will update when she's here :)

At 38 weeks (plus some amt of days... I don't remember now), he measured 9 lbs 3 oz. He was born at 41 +1 weighing 9lbs 13oz.

At 41 weeks weight was estimated at either 9 or 9.5 pounds, can't remember which now. Born at 40+12 at 10lbs, 14.5oz. So they were quite a bit out. The private scan I had at 19 weeks was more accurate and I just added half a pound a week which pretty much put me bang on 10lbs for a 40 week gestation

35 week scan suggested 9lb 8oz to 10lb at birth, arrived 39+2 at 6lb 13oz

Growth scan at 36 weeks 2 days estimated 7lbs. He was born at exactly 39 weeks weighing 7lbs 13 oz.

Way off for me, a few days before ds was born he was estimated to be 8lb but he was 10lb3oz.
Dd was estimated to be around 6lb8 at 36ish weeks and born at 39 weeks at 7lb13 so I'd say they were about right with her. X

Baby girl measures in the 30th percentile according to ultrasounds, so it'll be interesting. She measured at 6lb6oz at 38 weeks, and I'll update when she arrives :)

All of my estimates were pretty much spot on, I got lucky.

Estimated my little girl 6lb 2oz and she was born spot on 6lb 2oz

Estimated my next little girl mid 5lbs and was 5lb 5oz

Estimated my little boy to be over 7lb and he was 6lb 14oz!

Growth scan at 37 weeks 2 days estimated my little guy to be 7lbs 14 oz, he was born at 39 weeks 4 days and weighed 8lbs 1 oz.

Had a growth scan at 39+5 and they said baby was 7lb 11oz. Had her at 40+4 weighing 7lb 8oz so it was over estimated a fair bit.

I had one 2 days ago estimated 9lb 2
Being iduced today so we shall see

At 34 weeks dd was estimated at 5lb 12oz so told to expect a 8-9 lb baby she was born at 41+3 8lb 8oz. So pretty accurate for me.

My sil was never told a weight but they scared the craps out if her for weeks about this gigantic baby who was born day before due date at 8lb 10oz a big baby yes but not the monster they had scared her about!! There was a woman in maternity beside her under Same consultant who was also told it was a gigantic baby she was so scared she demanded a section and she got it baby was exact Same weight as my sil 8.8

At 39 weeks with my oldest they said he was at least 10lbs and used that info to scare me into thinking I'd have a huge baby and I agreed to an induction. He was 8lbs 4 oz. I didn't pay attention to any guesses with my youngest because of that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->