Share your quick & easy recipes!

Flower

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm getting bored with our set meals so looking for some other recipe ideas, must be easy and quick and not have a million ingredients that aren't already in the kitchen cupboards. Maybe make this thread into a sticky?

Here's our favourite - green thai curry:
2-4 Chicken breasts
1 x Onion (chopped in big chunks)
1 x green pepper (chopped in big chunks)
half a packet of mini corn (optional)
1 x can of coconut milk
2 x tsp green thai curry paste
2 x tbp soya sauce - light

Fry chicken and onions, add peppers/mini corn, then add curry paste, add coconut milk when chicken almost cooked, add soya sauce - simmer until cooked - served with egg fried rice.

Cooking time approx 20 mins.

Another fav of ours is chilli shepherds pie - make the pie as you normally would but add a jar/packet of chilli mix to the mince, 1 can of chopped tomatoes and kidney beans - delicious!

Anyone else up for sharing??

sounds yummy! Anything I can mix and stuff in the oven pretty much wins for me. I work a ton and when I get home don't want to cook anymore. I'll have to find the broiled turkey meatball recipe and post it.

6 Portions ground turkey (about 1.5 lbs)
2 egg whites
1/2 c dry breadcrumbs
1/4 c water
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
1/4 c parsley minced
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp black pepper

Pre-heat oven broiler.
Mix it all together and shape into 1 1/2inch balls.
Arrange on baking sheet and place under broiler for 10 - 12 minutes, turning occasionally until they are browned on all sides.

A Bottle of marinara sauce and walla!

2/3 chicken breast
red & green pepper
onion
mushrooms chopped
condensed chicken campbells soup
water
drop milk
salt pepper totaste

Fry chicken onion and mushrooms until chicken is cooked
pour in condensed soup
fill soup tin half way add to pan
stir well
add more water if wanted or some milk for a creamier paste
add in peppers
simmer for 15/20 mins so peppers are softer but yak too soft!

serve with rice

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jacket spud, cheese and pasta salad!

Heat oven
Part cook jacket spuds in microwave
brush with oil and sprinkle salt
add to ovem

[easy]

pasta
chopped onion
sliced or chopped mushrooms
chopped red pepper
chopped cucumber
grated cheese
mayo (defo hellmanns)

salt pepper to taste

(adding what you require to taste)

1. boil required amount of pasta with some chopped onion & well rinsed chopped mushrooms until pasta is cooked
2. drain & leave to stand a second
3. grate some cheese (as much as you want to taste)
4. Add mayo, cucumber & peppers to the pasta bowl stirring - again mayo to your taste
5. add cheese & stir
6. salt pepper to taste

Grate more cheese for in a bowl

When nice crispy skinned potatoes are done serve with plenty of real butter mmmm cheese thats grated in bowl and side serving beside potatoes pasta salad YUM

Of course if you wish add a bit of lettuce & tomatoes to the side of pasta!

Spicy Pasta Soup

Pasta (I go for the tiny bows)
Fresh Chilis
Fresh Garlic
Vegetable Stock
Coconut milk
Whatever other seasoning you wish to add

Put some water in a pan, add a stock cube (or 2) chuck the pasta into the boiling water/stock, add some chopped chili, add some garlic, add whatever other seasoning you want to add, wait until pasta is cooked, remove as many bits of chili as possible, add coconut milk, warm through. Voila. Serve in a soup bowl with crusty bread. :D

(The end result varies for me, either a creamy light sauce that coats the pasta and a bit to mop up with bread, or a proper creamy soupy mix, which you can eat with a spoon, with the pasta in the bottom - experiment!)

xxx

If you're into spicy stuff :)

1 x packet of dried chicken rice (like this one...https://www.britishfooddirect.com/images/5000118012921_200.jpg)
50g x chorizo
2 x chilli peppers
2 x peppers (doesnt matter about colours)
1 x tin of mexican style beans (or kidney beans)

-Chop up chilli peppers, peppers and chorizo and fry for 5 mins or until cooked
- Make packet rice as per instructions
-Just as the water from the rice is about to disappear, stir in the mexican beans
-Once the rice is cooked, stir in the chorizo, peppers etc and serve

Very quick and tasty :)

xxx

Home made beef burgers

Beef mince
Finely diced onion
Salt
Pepper
(any other herbs you fancy)
1 egg
Teaspoon or 2 of wholegrain/dijon mustard

Mix everything together, shape and cook for 15 minutes in a moderate grill.. pretty damn good!!!

Tomato, basil pasta

Tin tomatoes
Chopped clove of garlic
Onion
Peppers
Basil
Oregano
(very simple, but also very yum yum.. will give shop bought ones a run for their money)
Just stir into your pasta, with parmesan/grated cheddar!!

This is one of my "i don't have time to make supper" meals: Five easy steps

Chicken Finger Wraps

step one: bake chicken fingers as per instructions on box. I usually do two per wrap
step two: take out prebagged salad from fridge, along with ranchers choice dressing, and whole grain tortillas
step three: place chicken fingers, salad and ranchers choice on tortilla
step four: roll up
step five: enjoy

Just thought of another:

Nachos

leftover cooked ground beef
Mutigrain nacho chips
salsa
peppers
onion
cheese

*Place, or dump :rofl: nacho chips on a baking sheet. Put cooked ground beef on top, add chopped peppers and onion, salsa and cheese. Put in the oven on broil. Watch carefully, should only take a few minutes to melt cheese. Remove from oven, wait a few minutes to cool. Enjoy. Sometimes this is our quick lunch served with veggies and dip. Who am I kidding, I usually don't serve with a side. Enough for two hungry adults.

cook pasta on hob
put tuna in saucepan on hob
add sweetcorn
add jar of dolmio sauce
let it get hot
add cheese
when pasta cooked add it into sauce
me dp and son love it and its so easy

What a great topic, I am no cook but will certainly try these out, thanks alot!!!!

x

This is one of my "i don't have time to make supper" meals: Five easy steps

Chicken Finger Wraps

step one: bake chicken fingers as per instructions on box. I usually do two per wrap
step two: take out prebagged salad from fridge, along with ranchers choice dressing, and whole grain tortillas
step three: place chicken fingers, salad and ranchers choice on tortilla
step four: roll up
step five: enjoy

Maybe not what you want to hear, but this is exactly how we make chicken snack wraps at McDonald's.. lol

Two of my most often requested dinner recipes, which I think are quick and easy:

Italian Meatballs

1 pound ground beef
1 egg
Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs (a handful)
Garlic powder (we'll call it a tsp, or however much you want!)
A few shakes of pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix ingredients in a bowl, with your hands! Roll into your choice size balls. Place in glass dish at least 1" deep. Cook in oven for 15 minutes, turn balls over, cook for 20 more minutes. Remove from oven and drain grease (aka just take them out of the grease). Then add to your favorite sauce with your favorite pasta!
*I cook the meatballs in my tomato sauce after getting them out of the grease and while the pasta is cooking.*

Alfredo (very filling!)

1/2 cup butter (one standard stick)
8 oz cream cheese (one standard bar)
1 cup parmesan
1 cup milk
Garlic (minced or powder) to taste
Pepper to taste

Melt butter in saucepan. Add cream cheese and whisk to desired consistency. Add parmesan and milk and whisk. Add garlic and pepper. Serve with your favorite pasta. *If you find that the sauce is too thick for your taste, add more milk and keep whisking.*

Cut up chicken or sausage make good additions to the sauce.

Chicken: I just cut up the raw boneless, skinless chicken breast (and clean up fat and connective tissue so there are no yuckies!) to desired size and cook in a frying pan with garlic powder and pepper and set aside while I get the sauce done, since I will heat it up again when I add it to the sauce.

hmm,
one of my quick and easies that i like to make is thick zuchinni soup
2 fat zuchinis
2 potatoes
1 onion
all chopped up in a pot and fried with a little oil for a couple of minutes.
add salt and pepper
then add two to three cups of chicken broth and boil for 45 min.
depending on how u like it you can blend it into thick soup or just mash it coarsely.

ingredients:
1-1.5 cup bag of cheese
2 cups cooked, pulled or cubed chicken (i use 2 leg quarters or bone in breasts, boiled and skin removed pulled off the bone)
16 cresent rolls (use the cheapest you can find!)
1 double can of cream of chicken soup

i precook the chicken and keep it frozen until i need it in predone baggies.
in a casserole dish, roll the chicken a little at a time in individual cresents. roll the cresents the same as the package directions except with the chicken inside them. lay them out in the bottom of the casserole dish. Mix the canned soup in a large pourable bowl or pan, whisk it with half the amount if water the can calls for until smooth ( no need to heat) add half a bag of cheese to this mixture and pour over chicken rolls. sprinkle the other half of the cheese over the rolls and bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes. the top will brown.
i serve these with canned corn and green beans or carrots. they are so tasty and kids love them! you can also add rotel tomatoes (tomatoes with green chili's) to the chicken.
enjoy!
ps. if the soup is still too runny after 30 minutes you can bake it longer.

1 can chopped tomatoes
1 clove minced garlic
1 can boneless/skinless sardines in olive or sunflower oil
Tbsp capers
spaghetti/linguini or anything other kind of pasta
Optional fresh basil

Cook the pasta and drain

Put a Tbsp of oil from sardines in a frying pan and warm up. Add minced garlic.
When they brown slightly, add in the chopped tomatoes, sardines (broken up with a fork) and capers. Warm it up, then serve on top of the pasta. Piece of cake and takes 15 minutes! You can tear up a small handful of basil leaves and serve on top.

We eat it it with garlic bread and a big glass of wine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->